I'm hate10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2014 at 11:56 PM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
suck it nerds im better than u

This thread points out this tendency for banned people to use the so-called "ban-evading" strategy by making an alt account and acting as if they were a new member.

Part of the reasons people usually invoke when called out are:
- "I realize I made mistakes in the past, and I wanted to start over"
- actually it's the only one (that isn't downright stupid)

Part of the reasons why it's bad to do it:
- once people discover you, you get banned again
- if you got banned the first time it's for a reason
- don't deny it

What you should consider before (or after) making a ban-evading alt account:
- Think over your mistakes, don't just realize that they are here. Actually think over them and maybe find a way to avoid making them again.
- If you feel like you should not be in a banned state right now, mainly for two possible reasons:
- you reflected on your mistakes and found you made none (highly unlikely, reflect again)
- you reflected again and dude this ban is seriously messed up (after all maybe it's an error on the mods' part; consider sending them a PM/email to clear up the situation?)
- you realized, reflected on and found a solution for your past mistakes, and feel like you are ready to take on the challenge of being a good, respected member of the community (if you're really sure about that, consider sending the mods a PM/email to clear up the situation?)
- Do not make an alt accound because either you got banned unfairly in which case you're giving the mods an actual reason to keep you banned, or you did make mistakes that got you banned in which case you're giving the mods another reason to keep you banned

It is actually very important that you understand this: making an alt account to avoid a ban is immature/childish behaviour, and that's most likely exactly the reason why you got banned in the first place. If you're considering making an alt account, it means the mods were right when they banned you. I cannot stress this enough.

Please don't make alt accounts.

This message was brought to you by the AAAA - Anti Alt Account Association

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Except that in LunarSoulMagicDoorsCoffeeCat's instance, they weren't escaping a ban.

And neither was hate9 I think (at least not for anything recent since I've been here).

So this educational thread is figuratively meant for no one in particular.

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
The first one (LieithLeif) was to evade a ban, and the second one (MPD) was because I had forgotten my password for LieithLeif.

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Okay comment withheld,

I'm not current with what goes on here/elsewhere so I'm just going by what I knew.

Jun 12, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Status
Not open for further replies.