I am mad!

May 13, 2006 at 3:06 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I can't believe that Variant Games is putting Cave Story on the PSP! it would be better on the DS! The touch screen could be used to target enemies, use inventory, and much more!

May 13, 2006 at 3:40 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Django said:
I can't believe that Variant Games is putting Cave Story on the PSP! it would be better on the DS! The touch screen could be used to target enemies, use inventory, and much more!
No reason to start a whole new thread. This topic has been discussed in an other thread into oblivion. But yes I'd have to agree with you. Who knows, someone may make a version playable through a ds emulator cartridge.

May 13, 2006 at 5:26 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Yeah, youre right, i don't like the PSP, or better i hate it!
I don't like the Playstation 2, the Playstation 1 was nice, but not the PS2!

May 13, 2006 at 7:17 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Well from a hardware standpoint and screensize the PSP would be the ideal system to run Cave Story. A DS version would also be neat, but the PSP will give you a bigger picture in widescreen and most likely offer a better gaming experience when playing it. I personally like the DS more as a system, but I would have to support the idea that Cave Story is better suited for the PSP as far as handhelds are concerned. There is however a project by Ravenworks "in the works" that is a port of Cave Story for the GBA, and it looks very promising, so Cave Story fans may be able to have their cake and eat it too.

-SkyeWelse

May 13, 2006 at 8:28 PM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Who cares what its on... It's a portable cave story that you can play on controler (laptop = portable cave story, but keyboard controls suck).
Seriously if it came out for game gear i'd be thrilled, not mad.

May 13, 2006 at 9:03 PM
Still the DS has the touch screen which enables Cave Story to access more features like inventory selection, possible minigames or maybe the stylus could be used in boss battles... To me the PSP is a better looking, slightly bigger, four button, analog nub, bigger screen GBA

May 14, 2006 at 12:04 PM
Yeah, and i would have more DS Games, becuase i need to start my collection! I have Around 20 Gamecube Games, so i want to be around this number of DS Games too! And at least i would know a bit the game!

May 14, 2006 at 6:19 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Django said:
Still the DS has the touch screen which enables Cave Story to access more features like inventory selection, possible minigames or maybe the stylus could be used in boss battles... To me the PSP is a better looking, slightly bigger, four button, analog nub, bigger screen GBA

None of that's in the original, and look how fun it turned out.

May 14, 2006 at 6:38 PM
Well the psp sucks, IMHO. Its just a non-original, over-powered, game boy clone. I think that if anything that it would be easier and cooler to port it to a console like the dreamcast, ps2(which im not a big fan of, but this would be cool), gamecube, or the new nintendo wii. This is because the resolution of the game was made for something like a computer screen, and it would look great on a big screen tv. I play Cave Story right now on my tablet pc, with a controller. The game just feels like it was made for a console controller. Thats just my opinion.

May 14, 2006 at 9:11 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
You're right wadeizzle, still waiting for make a little demo for pixel like ravenworks, maybe I can reprogramm that for the DC? with better MOD support, but only if pixel want.

May 15, 2006 at 12:45 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
If it can be done for the DC, it can be done for the Xbox as well. I've been hoping to see a port to the Xbox ever since I first played it. ^_^

-SkyeWelse