Humble Indie Bundle

May 10, 2010 at 9:10 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
As of now, there's only 24h left for you to participate in this rather incredible event! You get 5 popular indie games, plus one bonus, and allegedly 100% of the profits go either straight to the developers, or to select charities - you decide how much goes to who. And when I say how much, I mean exactly that - the deal is, you pay however much you want to pay! So, if you just want to be a miser and pay a buck for these games I suppose there's nothing to stop you. Or, you could show your altruistic side like those Linux users and pay $14 on average (there's stats). It's up to you :0

What are you waiting for! Time is ticking.

http://www.wolfire.com/humble

May 10, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
It's kind of sad that this video will give a lot of people knowledge of good things they can pirate. :confused:

Aside from that, this is a pretty awesome idea. It's too bad there's only a day left. That means I won't be able to get the bundle,since I'd need at least a day's notice. You should've told us about this before!

May 10, 2010 at 9:16 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I only just found out, wish I'd knew sooner. I'm scrambling myself to try and find some means of payment before the deadline...

May 10, 2010 at 9:32 PM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
According to the video, they'd be happy with $0.02 USD.

May 11, 2010 at 4:52 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Fire1052 said:
According to the video, they'd be happy with $0.02 USD.

saw it, bought it for $10.00 USD, and am looking forward to completing my hw so I can play them!!! It's really a good deal!

May 12, 2010 at 1:05 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Thanks for sharing this Noxid, I'd have missed it!
And as of now only 3 hours left...

It was a huge success apparently though, they made over a million in 7 days with the motto; choose your own price :D

May 12, 2010 at 1:14 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Yeah, I managed to get mine yesterday for ten, I think it's a pretty awesome promotion. I like the whole "choose your price" thing, it's quite a novel idea. I just finished World of Goo, haven't really gotten a start on all the other ones though.

May 12, 2010 at 2:10 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
My friend actually told me about this yesterday, and i got it, the games are quite awesome!

Fire1052 said:
It's kind of sad that this video will give a lot of people knowledge of good things they can pirate. :D

Aside from that, this is a pretty awesome idea. It's too bad there's only a day left. That means I won't be able to get the bundle,since I'd need at least a day's notice. You should've told us about this before!

they reopened it for 3 more days

May 12, 2010 at 4:19 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
also the games are open source now so I could just publish the link and say "enjoy!" and everyone can has legal downloads.

May 12, 2010 at 5:07 AM
The Bucket Fairy
"..."
cultr1 said:
also the games are open source now so I could just publish the link and say "enjoy!" and everyone can has legal downloads.

That would be mean though... You could do that if you wanted to.

May 12, 2010 at 5:38 AM
Indie game enthusiast
cultr1 said:

I'm not so sure about that...
Note, the games will be "free as in 'free speech', not as in 'free beer'": see each license for the full, finalized details as they come out very hopefully this week -- stay tuned. It is the underlying code that will be made available to everyone.
I think until you read each license I wouldn't do that...
Also World of Goo and Samorost 2 are not included in the open source move.

May 12, 2010 at 3:09 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
This pack sucks.
World of Goo is nice.
The rest is bad - mediocre

May 12, 2010 at 3:50 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Schokobecher said:
This pack sucks.
World of Goo is nice.

ive only played 4 of them so far.
I've been playing aquaria and the games art is really nice, and its really interesting. gish is meh honestly. Lagura can be both fun and frustrating at the same time, though its extremely short. word of goo is great.

comon it the pack isnt that bad considering how much you have to pay

May 13, 2010 at 5:37 PM
Indie game enthusiast
This pack sucks.
World of Goo is nice.
To each their own I guess...

I spent the last two days playing Lagura :o
Tons of fun in my opinion. Played through it on "Insane" difficulty...

And after I thought it was too short... I noticed on the official site a "Mods" section...
Spent yesterday fighting on an epic mod called Lagura : Temple. [story was alright... felt like some kind of chinese martial arts tale. But, the fights and locations were tons of fun. Insane was Challenging...]
I had to precisely leap land on top of person after person, otherwise they'd run off and alert the crowd. Jumping down on someone and performing the cut-throat move soon as you land was especially rewarding...

THE WOLVES WERE THE WORST! On insane they are all mike tyson, and can teleport... But, I survived...

And yes I recommend the bundle soley for Aquaria. Beautiful game, great music; plenty to do... I'm a sucker for a good underwater game. [also it has mods...]

Gish ... I think it's cool in a way. Trying to learn the 3 simple moves he makes [and how you can combine them], makes unique gameplay (don't get unique too often). But, still. He's a blob. I don't like blobs...

I know some people who bought the bundle just for Penumbra : Overture... that horror game. But, you gotta pay 5$ more to get the 2nd and 3rd parts. Haven't really played it since my computer runs it at 5 fps...

And finally there's Samorost 2. I played the first online one.... and it's amusing. Point click adventure game. Just don't get stumped and it's fun :p

May 14, 2010 at 4:32 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I bought it. Not because I really care about the games (well, Samorost 2 is great, but I already had it) but rather to support the great initiative. Probably won't be playing, or even downloading, any of them.

Dec 15, 2010 at 6:28 PM
Indie game enthusiast
It's backkkkkkkkk

Osmos would be nice to be included... but you can't have everything
Well, this time you got it :p

Here are the games :
Braid, Machinarium, Osmos, Cortex Command, and Revenge of the Titans.

Braid runs slowly on my PC... OMG NEW SMILIES :rolleyes:
*cough*,
Braid is a good one, glad I waited and got this deal!
Also, Cortex Command is pretty darn fun. Nothing quite like loading a cargo crate full of zombies or crabs and dropping them.... SPLAT!

I hear Machinarium is good, will play that sometime.
Revenge of the Titans is kinda fun. Kinda tower defense with all sorts of upgrades/research.
Then there's... Osmos... It's alright.... but personally I enjoyed Flow better so far. (It is pretty though!)

Jul 27, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Indie game enthusiast
New humble bundle!!!
http://www.humblebundle.com/

5 games, name your price.

Crayon Physics Deluxe (Good puzzle game.)

Cogs (Looks interesting)

VVVVV (THIS IS WHY YOU WANT THIS BUNDLE!)

Hammerfight! (???)

And Yet It Moves (Looks cool...)

You gotta get it now, if you haven't tried VVVVV...
Oh and btw, major rewrite for VVVVV for those who already have it/buy it from humble bundle.

Re-written in C++ I think; now with a level editor and like 10 new levels/dimensions to play....

You can gift these too... I might get cheap and gift a few...

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:11 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
VVVVV is a good thing and you should get it
Crayon Physics Deluxe is really cool too.

I've never heard of the other games, but anyway, I'm probably going to get this pack toooo

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
ill try and see if i can get a bit of my allowance way earlier.