how's everyone doing?

May 24, 2016 at 2:08 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
was kinda wondering how the old regulars (and new people) were doing? most of you fuckers are like 30 now, since back in 2010 when I was 24/7 on these forums/irc you guys were older than me. did you finish your universities? get married? jobs? something. the irc is dead most days so I'm just making a topic here. ban me if you want. just wanna see what people are up to in their lives. as for me? finished 3rd year of studying Graphic Design, flying to China on July for summer practise. sounded shady as fuck and I don't really know what I'm supposed to do there but Y0LO.

May 24, 2016 at 4:10 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Just finished my first year of university, studying game design. Can't complain about how things are going, but I should really hurry up and start actually making games.

May 24, 2016 at 4:10 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
i don't really know (nor care) if you know me but i've been here for a while so i guess i can say something
right now i'm preparing for exams, this school year is ending and i only have one more, then i'm finally out; my plans after that are to leave the country, probably find a job and general rainbow stuff like fulfilling my dreams and having a happy family with someone i know; either that or just give up somewhere on the path to "victory" and never get up again
things are kinda rough now because exams and stuff mean stress, and i'm really not handling it well; after a few years of waiting i finally decided to visit a psychologist or whatever doctor who can help me with being a complete shit at life. i've been putting that away for way too long and now i'm completely in shambles, thanks idiot me, i love you <3
but hopefully everything will turn out okay; i need to also gather some money so i'm going to look for a summer job, maybe in some shop or something, idk
ah well, nothing more to say, really; i'm just glad i'm not alone with everything.

May 25, 2016 at 12:10 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I'm alright, although it's very tough finding a job over in NJ lately. Starting to think college may be a smart move, but I'm saving it as the very, very last resort.

May 25, 2016 at 12:20 AM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
after putting on the drama queen clothes I took those off and ended up moving out of state, got a job at 3 different places.. most notably Wal-Mart.

Going back to college and finishing up pre-reqs for a university transfer and so far it's been going well

also Woodenrat while IRC may be dated and dead most of the time we have a Discord server if you're down to join that, its the second coming of christ

Last edited:
May 25, 2016 at 12:57 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
You've probably barely seen me around here, but fuck it I'm gonna reply to this thread anyways.

I'm entering High School come September. I find it kinda hard to believe that just three years ago I was finishing Elementary, which at the time was when (literal) 12 year old me signed up for the forums, and started this beautiful thread.

As of recent, (August of 2015), I've taken up Speedrunning, mainly Super Mario World 11 Exit and Sonic Adventure DX: Sonic's Story, though I did fool around with Portal No Out of Bounds for a while, but I only have one recorded run of that, and haven't ran the game since January. I also started routing this hack of Sonic 1 named Sonic ERaZoR, but I haven't released any of the route or early runs featuring the route as of yet.

I also ditched my old hunk of a PC (Pentium 4, Radeon HD5450) and upgraded to a Core 2 Duo, GT 610 made out of spare parts, then I built a new PC (Athlon X4 860K, GTX 750 Ti, 8GB DDR3 Ram) capable of streaming and playing relatively new games/emulation of newer consoles (Wii, PS2).

I stream my attempts at speedrunning on twitch, but I don't do commentary as I don't really have a proper microphone at the moment, though I plan on getting a headset with a built in Microphone so I can start doing commentary, even if my voice is rather unpleasant (if you've never heard my voice before, which I'm sure many of you haven't, imagine a 10 year old's voice combined with the nails on chalkboard sound effect).

I've also been taking Drum Lessons, and am part of my School's band, where we performed on a band trip not so long ago. I really enjoy playing the drums, especially as part of my school band, it feels so satisfying hitting the drums on the right beat. We also learned how to play the theme song from Game of Thrones, which we played at 3 elementary schools on our trip. Our band teacher seriously hoped none of the elementary students we we're performing for recognized the piece.

I've also been doing some baking, but only because my parents pay me to. I can cook some pretty tasty Cinnamon buns however.

TL: DR: Life is good and I like playing Video Games fast. Sorry if this post was kind of an essay albeit with improper spelling and grammar

May 25, 2016 at 1:13 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
i did a speedrun of the static speaks my name like a month ago, got a record breaking time i think

as for how i'm doing? eh, i can't complain. i have to go to summer school in a few weeks when school ends for like a month which isn't fun. but its not like i have any hobbies so its fine

May 25, 2016 at 1:51 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
i have to go to summer school in a few weeks when school ends for like a month which isn't fun. but its not like i have any hobbies so its fine

How'd you end up there?

May 25, 2016 at 1:58 AM
How'd you end up there?
my dad thinks i'm a genius and put me in a pre ap english class when my teacher recommended it because she thinks i'm good at writing

i got bamboozled into a 30 average for the semester

May 25, 2016 at 4:44 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
My mom is dragging me to watch someone dance soon.
I have other things to do but she's bringing me anyway.

Other then that I'm doing good.

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:15 AM
Pirate Member
ea
after putting on the drama queen clothes I took those off and ended up moving out of state, got a job at 3 different places.. most notably Wal-Mart.

Going back to college and finishing up pre-reqs for a university transfer and so far it's been going well

also Woodenrat while IRC may be dated and dead most of the time we have a Discord server if you're down to join that, its the second coming of christ

damn Ralren you fat bastard I'm glad you're alive lol. sounds like you're living the american (canadian?) dream. and man I don't even know what Discord is, sounds like some hacker chat website.

and yeah everyone else, good luck on your exams, don't take it too hard Hina, just be a world class mad dog and you'll do fine in life, fuck psychologists.

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:52 AM
The Preacher
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
O shit waddup WR. I'm good, currently finishing fourth year of computer science studies, entering university in a few months for a master of science and then a phd perhaps maybe.

Aside from Discord there's also Pidgin. Noxid, Fab, Dunc, Bobbyis and I (and also other people but they never talk) are in there.

Wbu though, do you still even lift? Will you ever draw masterpieces for us again?

Jun 6, 2016 at 4:25 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
I just ate some salty crackers.

Jun 6, 2016 at 8:43 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I have nothing much to mention in terms of jobs or studies. Been a web developer for a long time now and everything I've learnt since I started has been a matter of learning on the job. I mean I had this same exact job back during my early years in the cstsf. The irony being that I was originally hired for my knowledge of Flash, and nowadays Flash is a dead technology.

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:34 AM
Pirate Member
I have nothing much to mention in terms of jobs or studies. Been a web developer for a long time now and everything I've learnt since I started has been a matter of learning on the job. I mean I had this same exact job back during my early years in the cstsf. The irony being that I was originally hired for my knowledge of Flash, and nowadays Flash is a dead technology.

Flash was king of the internet back in the 00s, we live in different times now though!

and damn son I just realised, I'm as old now as you were when you made an account.

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:38 AM
im feeling ok

i should go to bed soon, its almost midnight