How to play .org in Game Maker or other development engines

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:40 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So like any other reasonable chiptune enthusiast, I love Cave Story's music and something about the certain "sounds" it uses sounds so damn good.

But alas, besides the fanbase that has made plugins for various media players, the .org files that can be used to create CS sounding compositions have zero compatibility for other more practical purposes. So how would one be able to use this .org file for game developers in programs that only accept more practical file types such as .mp3 and .wav?

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:43 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
well, you could just record the sound and save it in a different format
there's also a program I wrote a while ago to convert them to ptcop format, which has an open-source playback engine and a windows DLL for easy-ish integration
there is also an organya dll but it doesn't come with any headers or linker information so it's not really usable without a lot of skill to recreate that information

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:54 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
well, you could just record the sound and save it in a different format
there's also a program I wrote a while ago to convert them to ptcop format, which has an open-source playback engine and a windows DLL for easy-ish integration
there is also an organya dll but it doesn't come with any headers or linker information so it's not really usable without a lot of skill to recreate that information

What programs would allow for recording it without shit quality?

Jun 21, 2017 at 12:15 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Converting from .org to .ptcop and then using the .wav exporter in pxtone is probably the simplest method.

But really, the pxtone dll (or its source code if you prefer) should be sufficient, and better than having to hand cut the intros for your own loops.

You can also use org2xm to convert to .xm. Version 1.0 is reportedly more accurate, but version 1.1 supports orgmaker 2 drums.

Last edited: