How the Demon Flowers make the Mimiga rabbid

May 11, 2014 at 1:18 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I think I have an idea why the red flowers make the Mimiga go rabbid. Ballos's madness affected some parts of the soil, changing the genetic makeup of some flowers. Therefore, if a Mimiga eats said red flower, it makes them go crazy. This is of course off topic, but I'm now using my mobile phone now because I can't stand the limitless viruses grandpa clicked on too many times.

May 11, 2014 at 1:41 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I'd just think of the red flower as the equvilant of bathsalts for rabbits.

(A bit off topic here, but how bad are the virues on your grandpa's pc?)

May 11, 2014 at 1:46 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Parkraft123 said:
I'd just think of the red flower as the equvilant of bathsalts for rabbits.

(A bit off topic here, but how bad are the virues on your grandpa's pc?)
Every 10 seconds, a pop-up ad stops me during everything.

May 11, 2014 at 1:58 AM
Forever 12
just get the trial version of anti-malware bytes! It will cure everything!

May 11, 2014 at 2:02 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Parkraft123 said:
just get the trial version of anti-malware bytes! It will cure everything!
Grandpa refuses to do so. Irony. We oughta PM about this so we don't go way off topic.

May 11, 2014 at 2:24 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
GunbladeMaster34 said:
I think I have an idea why the red flowers make the Mimiga go rabbid. Ballos's madness affected some parts of the soil, changing the genetic makeup of some flowers. Therefore, if a Mimiga eats said red flower, it makes them go crazy.
or red flowers are just magically dangerous
because ballos infected them
yeah
makes sense

May 11, 2014 at 2:26 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Spiritga said:
or red flowers are just magically dangerous
because ballos infected them
yeah
makes sense
Precisely.

May 11, 2014 at 3:54 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
Here's a pretty good theory I came up with myself.
They just do. And even if there was a reason, I doubt anyone would give a shit.

May 11, 2014 at 4:00 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Thatnamelessguy said:
Here's a pretty good theory I came up with myself.
They just do. And even if there was a reason, I doubt anyone would give a shit.
This IS theories. If I'm not mistaken, they would care unless if it was redundant. Now stop hating on this thread.

May 11, 2014 at 4:04 AM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
Seriously though, this is like asking why you would die if you drank poison. But oh well, I shall stop being a complete asshole for now. I will point out though, that there is only one b in rabid and you should change it.

May 11, 2014 at 4:10 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Thatnamelessguy said:
Seriously though, this is like asking why you would die if you drank poison. But oh well, I shall stop being a complete asshole for now. I will point out though, that there is only one b in rabid and you should change it.
Oh, I misspelt it? Okay. I'll fix it.

EDIT: Can't fix. :?

May 11, 2014 at 4:25 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Thatnamelessguy said:
Woah woah wait, hold up.

"...this is like asking why you would die if you drank poison."

What if...the red flowers were fused with poison and that poison would be something like steroids, but chemically altered so it only effected Mimigas and gave them mindless rage-y power?
Then the Doctor came along and blah blah blah.
The question is, though: who fused the poison into the red flowers if my theory was to be taken into any type of account?

May 11, 2014 at 4:28 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Spiritga said:
Woah woah wait, hold up.

"...this is like asking why you would die if you drank poison."

What if...the red flowers were fused with poison and that poison would be something like steroids, but chemically altered so it only effected Mimigas and gave them mindless rage-y power?
Then the Doctor came along and blah blah blah.
The question is, though: who fused the poison into the red flowers if my theory was to be taken into any type of account?
The only poison I see is madness. If you were tortured mercilessly just because the king was jealous over something absolutely ridiculous, wouldn't you go mad too?

May 11, 2014 at 5:39 AM
Perpetually out of it
That's only assuming your theory is even remotely correct. I personally don't think Ballos is even slightly relevant to the demon flowers, but you know, opinions.
The flowers not only contain a substance to draw out one's latent powers, but also to crush one's facilities of reason.
That, of course, is just the effects of the flowers, but it's nice to have some form of reference.Anyways, I think it's most likely that the flowers just happen to be what they are- flowers that cause Mimiga to go insane. Though clearly, since the substance within the flower needs to be intensified in order to have any effect on humans, Mimigas would seemingly have a lower immunity to it than most, if not all other animals. There's no dark or elaborate backstory to them- they're just exactly what they are. Evolved through the ages to have a self-defense against Mimigas, possibly due to over-consumption or some other endangering force.
Whatever the case, it's natural.

May 11, 2014 at 6:26 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Interesting to note is the fact that the only thing with a clear-cut connection to the flowers aside from the Red Crystal is the Core, as its destruction reverts rabid Mimigas back to normal. That could imply that the Core actually causes the corruption from the Red Flowers... which begs the question: who created the Core to do such a thing?

May 12, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I believe that the Red Flowers are a byproduct of Ballos' magic, and of course so is the crown. The crown can control rabid Mimigas because of this.

Now the island falls when the core dies, but the island stops falling when Ballos dies. This means that the core doesn't make the island float, but it rather stops it from falling. This means that the one that makes the island fall is Ballos. So if the core acts as a suppressor of Ballos' magic then we can also assume that its destruction granted Ballos control over his own magic again. Drawing his magic back to himself would remove the power from the Red Flowers and revert all rabbid Mimigas back to normal.

tl;dr: A wizard did it.

May 14, 2014 at 5:02 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I think that this red flower may be a flower from the surface;
For since Save Story, Ballos was tortured by an unknown king of an unknown surface kingdom, Jenka had to seal him, so she made that island(says in the wiki).
So she may have used magic to make a giant piece of landscape to float, and there may have been these flowers on it...so maybe something on the surface makes
this flower full of rage?

May 15, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
TheDoctor said:
I think that this red flower may be a flower from the surface;
For since Save Story, Ballos was tortured by an unknown king of an unknown surface kingdom, Jenka had to seal him, so she made that island(says in the wiki).
So she may have used magic to make a giant piece of landscape to float, and there may have been these flowers on it...so maybe something on the surface makes
this flower full of rage?
Extremely unlikely. Why would Date bother with the locked storehouse if he could get 10 times that from the surface.

Plus the game says that Jenka "confined" Ballos to the island, it said nothing about how the island came to be.

You are assuming that the island was raised from the ground by Jenka but it also could have been in the air prior to Ballos destroying the kingdom. Not only that but you are also assuming that the kingdom was on the ground before Ballos' rage when the game doesn't state this either.

Seriously, the wiki is terrible, take anything you read there with a bag of pool salt.

May 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Forever 12
Save Story?

Would you like to cave? Game caved

May 15, 2014 at 2:12 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
andwhyisit said:
Extremely unlikely. Why would Date bother with the locked storehouse if he could get 10 times that from the surface.

Plus the game says that Jenka "confined" Ballos to the island, it said nothing about how the island came to be.

You are assuming that the island was raised from the ground by Jenka but it also could have been in the air prior to Ballos destroying the kingdom. Not only that but you are also assuming that the kingdom was on the ground before Ballos' rage when the game doesn't state this either.

Seriously, the wiki is terrible, take anything you read there with a bag of pool salt.

Indeed, but i think its very likely that the island was made by her. She IS a witch afterall, and a powerful one, oh and, Date didn't exist when the island was made(common the island is older than him) so he has no idea they are there.