Help! Soundblaster X-Fi and Cave Story

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:56 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So I decided to have a go of Cave Story today and started it up, only to find that it doesn't like my sound card. At ALL.

The music, which is definitely one of my favorite things about this game, is incredibly off. It really sounds awful. There's no way I could play it like this.

Has anyone else had this problem and know of any possible fixes?

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:47 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
i think someone else had a problem with this. search up about cave story not running

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:06 AM
"Huzzah!"
IM probobly an idiot but how do u save in la mulana

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:28 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
odin 2128 said:
IM probobly an idiot but how do u save in la mulana
Why did you post this in a cave story forum? That had nothing to do with the thread topic or the current topic, which makes it in other words "spam". Ask in the satellite lounge or the gamers lounge.

I know someone in this forum has played la mulana, can you please not answer this guy until he posts in the correct forum, thanks.

xristosx said:
i think someone else had a problem with this. search up about cave story not running
That was a graphics card issue, not a sound card issue.

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:26 PM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
This could be one of these possible faults:
1- Graphics card. Update to the latest drivers.
2- Sound card. Disable the Hardware Acceleration . Go to Control Panel and then Sounds and Audio Devices. Click on Audio tab then in Sound Playback section, click on Advanced. Click on the Performance tab. Try to lower the Hardware Acceleration first then click apply. See if the problem is gone. Lower it more and test it again. If doesn't fix the problem then try lowering Sample rate conversion quality. Test it and see...