Hacks Bugs!

May 18, 2006 at 8:08 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I now have 4 hacks, with each one problem.

1. The text is the same for all of the NPCs
2. Underwater bug
3. After a set number of ticks, it warps to First Cave
4. Same as 1.

Can you help?

May 19, 2006 at 2:09 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Could you be a bit more descriptive? What do you mean by "underwater bug"? I presume you mean that your level is behaving like the Core room, in which case, check your map's settings.
As for #1&4, check to see what events your sprites are reading from. Hope this helps.

May 19, 2006 at 12:42 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Well, it seems that the bug in (4) is that it doesn't display anything when i check the underground computer.

May 19, 2006 at 7:53 PM
Sorry for double-post, but the water bug isn't like the Core room. There's no water and it says i'm losing air. :eek: :p :confused:

And the Y is 91, X same as First Cave's.

May 19, 2006 at 9:14 PM
In Sue's Workshop, use the Tileset Editor to check the type of tile that you're using in that spot. It may be that you're using a water tile, even though it's not plainly visible as a water tile (some of the slope tiles are like that).

May 20, 2006 at 2:08 PM
It's an outside themed level. It can't be this.

May 20, 2006 at 4:15 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I hear there's a problem where tiles more than a certan distance from the top of a map will act like they are in water.

If you split your map into two or more rooms, you can get each part within the height limits, and the water problem should go away.

Unless it's something else.

May 20, 2006 at 6:31 PM
The Outer Wall is Y: 180 and mine's Y:91. What's wrong? Note: Using Old First cave level.

May 20, 2006 at 9:18 PM
What's the specific tileset that you're using?

May 20, 2006 at 10:14 PM
Shmitz

jeffreymaher9@hotmail.com said:
It's an outside themed level. It can't be this.

It means an outside tileset.

May 20, 2006 at 10:41 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Yes, this sometimes happen even if your level is only 180 rows deep.... Happened to me once, there is a bug in the game that limits how far you can fall in air before you start falling down in water. For I made a map that is over 600 rows deep (the well map), and if you make a map that is longer than 330 rows deep, the game acts like it's underwater from 330 + the rest of the way down. I can't get rid of it.

Is there anyone here who can get rid of this bug and tell us how or what may be causing it, would be appreciated because we're not using a water tile. The game suddenly switches it's map flag from air to underwater when you hit past 330 or so rows down.

May 20, 2006 at 11:47 PM
jeffreymaher9@hotmail.com said:
It means an outside tileset.

What is the name of the tileset? Being vague doesn't let us help you easily.

May 21, 2006 at 12:07 AM
Ok, i made a fifth one, but i need to know: what entity number is The Core?
Because in the game there are many clones of the Core in many places.

Shmitz: Well, it's Oside.

May 21, 2006 at 12:18 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Tileset settings: MIMI
NPC's settings: cent

Or do I have to use NPC GUEST if I want the Pignon sprites to not mess up ?

Because I'm not really sure which tileset goes with what NPC type as you got two npc spirte sets you can choose from, and that could be what's messing up the sprites that should be working in the game when testing the map.

The editor is backwards at the moment in this and it needs to show all the NPC's that belong to each particular tileset so we know exactly which sprite sets will work with a particular tileset, otherwise it's like walking around in the dark trying to guess which ones work and what dosen't. Real nuisance.

May 21, 2006 at 12:34 AM
Ok, if this is happening just at a specific X,Y coordinate, open up the Oside tileset in the tileset editor in Sue's Workshop and make sure it hasn't been modified in any way (check all tiles for a symbol that looks like a double ~).

If it is happening at ALL spots on the map at Y=91 and below, then it sounds like it's the "map is too tall" issue, though that's an awfully shallow level for it to be occuring at.

If something has gotten corrupted or bugged, it may be neccessary to restore that map from a normal copy of the game and try again, or use a different map.

May 21, 2006 at 12:49 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Jeffrey: Check the attached file, it's a full list of entities for the game.

Attachments

• entities.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 42
May 21, 2006 at 2:01 AM
"Huzzah!"
technika said:
Tileset settings: MIMI
NPC's settings: cent

Or do I have to use NPC GUEST if I want the Pignon sprites to not mess up ?

Because I'm not really sure which tileset goes with what NPC type as you got two npc spirte sets you can choose from, and that could be what's messing up the sprites that should be working in the game when testing the map.

The editor is backwards at the moment in this and it needs to show all the NPC's that belong to each particular tileset so we know exactly which sprite sets will work with a particular tileset, otherwise it's like walking around in the dark trying to guess which ones work and what dosen't. Real nuisance.

the NPC's don't rely on specific tilesets. The'll work anywhere.

May 21, 2006 at 3:58 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I haven't put the Pixel code in my *.tsc files because if I do, the script just gets destroyed (overwritten) by ascii garbage. I've only put it in the other files......
But still the pignon and other spritesets that are supposed to work are sometimes
randomly turning into a mess and has me baffled...

The "Map is too tall issue" is when the map turns on the underwater flag when it's not supposed to.. So for that bug you just have to substitute that bug to put a bit of water tile in it as i don't feel like having to re-build the map all over again.

May 22, 2006 at 3:27 PM
Epsilon said:
Jeffrey: Check the attached file, it's a full list of entities for the game.

Din't found The Core anywhere.

Well, does anybody know what entity number's the core?

Ok... since i din't found the number of the core, i've changed the storyline... but i will need The Core's entity number one day!