glitch

• Thread starter therearesomewhocallmetim
  • Start date
Aug 10, 2007 at 3:02 AM
therearesomewhocallmetim
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
While trying to finish the game quickly I skipped the whole getting the fireball from Santa in Grasstown deal by strategically getting hit by a bat to vault over Chaco's house. I then went to the power room and killed Balrog, but when I went to Chaco I couldn't get him to trigger the jellyfish to appear (because I had to talk to Santa first) and when I went to Santa all he said was something about taking charcoal. Now I can't get the jellyfish juice. Is there some way to progress, or do I have to do all the beginning again?

Aug 10, 2007 at 3:22 AM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Interesting. I've never seen that happen.

The only thing I can think of is getting Santa's house key
(it's on the ground not far from his house, in case you don't know)
and giving it to him, maybe that will trigger him to enter his house and give you the fireball.

You might have broken Cave Story. :D

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:27 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Must try this

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:30 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
therearesomewhocallmetim said:
Hi,
While trying to finish the game quickly I skipped the whole getting the fireball from Santa in Grasstown deal by strategically getting hit by a bat to vault over Chaco's house. I then went to the power room and killed Balrog, but when I went to Chaco I couldn't get him to trigger the jellyfish to appear (because I had to talk to Santa first) and when I went to Santa all he said was something about taking charcoal. Now I can't get the jellyfish juice. Is there some way to progress, or do I have to do all the beginning again?

LOL thats hilarious why would you bother doing that.. i think pixel would stop something like that, i mean like he spent 4 years making the game... thats a rare bug

Aug 10, 2007 at 4:38 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
LOL thats hilarious why would you bother doing that.. i think pixel would stop something like that, i mean like he spent 4 years making the game... thats a rare bug
Well, he may not have considered the abuse of getting-hit as a means of screwing with the game, and since it's kind of hard to do it accidentally, there's not much reason to think about it, so may not have.

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:40 PM
"Huzzah!"
If Santa's giving the charcoal message, he's already in the house and the key's been used.

Yep, I hate to say it, but the game's busted. After talking to Malco, a flag is set which changes Santa's (and Chaco's I think) dialogue... meaning the fireball *and* the juice is no longer accessible. Sorry... >_<

Aug 12, 2007 at 11:37 AM
Respwnt
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Xaser said:
If Santa's giving the charcoal message, he's already in the house and the key's been used.

Yep, I hate to say it, but the game's busted. After talking to Malco, a flag is set which changes Santa's (and Chaco's I think) dialogue... meaning the fireball *and* the juice is no longer accessible. Sorry... >_<
Finally somewhere pixel's screwed up. Or we screwed up for him.

Aug 12, 2007 at 8:41 PM
Guy with Sword
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
YOU BROKE CAVE STORY!?!?!?!? :D

The unbreakable is now broken.

Aug 22, 2007 at 1:18 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Has anyone else attempted this?

Aug 22, 2007 at 1:21 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
I havnt even touched cavestory really, except when i was bored at school so i played bosh rush a few times.

it would be annoying going back to try this but

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:45 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
You have to go through chaco's fireplace to lure a bat that flies high enough to "bump" you over the wall....
I don't see how you could have pulled that off.

Aug 22, 2007 at 11:40 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
Daniel G said:
You have to go through chaco's fireplace to lure a bat that flies high enough to "bump" you over the wall....
I don't see how you could have pulled that off.
the way you put it there makes it sound easy :D

Aug 23, 2007 at 5:18 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Well it really is. :p
But note.... You have to go THROUGH the fireplace, which means you need the jellyfish juice. If you don't, the bats aren't in the right position.
That's why I don't see how he could have done it.

Aug 23, 2007 at 5:46 PM
Respwnt
Daniel G said:
Well it really is. :p
But note.... You have to go THROUGH the fireplace, which means you need the jellyfish juice. If you don't, the bats aren't in the right position.
That's why I don't see how he could have done it.
That's not what he's talking about. BEFORE taking the juice, you can jump in the line of the bats that hang above Chaco's door and then lure them to a spot where you can jump on them and onto the platform above. The thing that makes it so trick is that the bats fly around too much and even if they are at optimum height, you need perfect jump trajectory and timing to land on the platform after bouncing off.

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:45 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Roonil Wazlib said:
That's not what he's talking about. BEFORE taking the juice, you can jump in the line of the bats that hang above Chaco's door and then lure them to a spot where you can jump on them and onto the platform above. The thing that makes it so trick is that the bats fly around too much and even if they are at optimum height, you need perfect jump trajectory and timing to land on the platform after bouncing off.
thats what i ment was hard :p

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:24 AM
Okay
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
xristosx said:
I havnt even touched cavestory really, except when i was bored at school so i played bosh rush a few times.

it would be annoying going back to try this butt
:p
:D
:D
:eek:

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:31 AM
Justin-chan
it would be annoying going back to try this butt
LMAO

Oh and, I think you should hack the Jellyfish juice into the game.