Getting 100HP in CS3D?

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I've been recording all the available health upgrades in the game and the ones I've found will only amount to a hp count of 98 (95hp in upgrades plus 3hp in starting health) rather than 100. So I am missing 2hp worth of upgrades (one +2 or two +1).

Here's what I have so far:
http://www.cavestory.org/guides_3dhealth.php

Any ideas as to where I can find that remaining 2hp?

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I don't believe you can get two extra hp.

Jun 9, 2013 at 12:27 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I don't believe you can get two extra hp.
You can the maximum life was increased in Cave Story 3D to 100HP.

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:54 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I beat everything with 62 life in the end. I think it's possible.

Jun 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
thenachocheeser said:
I beat everything with 62 life in the end. I think it's possible.
I think what Andwhy is trying to say is that hes wondering where the extra 2 hp bonuses are, not if he can beat it without them.

And sorry, I can't help you with this as I have never played cs3D.

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I have found no new weapons as of yet. Also, it is called prinny's CAP, not hat. Inner Wall and the secret grave are the only two new areas. I have also found that 82 is the max health outside of hell. In hell, it is 96. There are now two life capsules in hell, and destroying a statue in the statue room and reading the new plaque gives you plus 1 each. -Lord Shadow

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
And I have written down the locations of all those heath upgrades in the link in the first page. I'm just asking if anyone has encountered a health upgrade that ISN'T on that list. You don't have to have gotten 100hp to have found the one or two upgrades I missed.

I'll summarise. I've gotten:
First Cave: The first cave life capsule and the extra one on revisiting.
Mimiga Village: The Yamashita Farm capsule and the Arthur's house basement capsule.
Egg Corridor: The start of egg corridor capsule, the Cthulhu's Abode capsule, the Egg Corridor Detour capsule.
Grasstown/Bushlands: The capsule near the Big Jelly, the one left of the Power Room, and in the Execution Chamber.
Sand Zone: The bonus for beating Curly, the three bonuses for finding the dogs, the sand zone top half capsule, and the one next to Mick's chest.
Labyrinth: The junkyard capsule, the Labyrinth Shop capsule, the Labyrinth pit capsule, the 4th floor "Labyrinth Fight" capsule.
Waterway: The capsule before the Jellies and the hp bonus for taking Curly with you.
Outer Wall: The capsule near the top.
Plantation: The top-left corner capsule and the one you get from Hajime (the dog).
Inner Wall: The capsule below the moving block stack.
Balcony: The capsule in the upper-rightmost corner and that one you find in Falling Tower.
Hell: The B1F capsule, the B3F capsule and the four statue bonuses.

I need to know what I haven't gotten.

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:26 AM
First Cave, first visit: 3
Yamashita Farm: 3
Arthur's House: 2
Egg Corridor, start: 3
Egg Corridor, above Cthulhu: 4
Grasstown, by big jelly: 5
Grasstown, by power room: 1
Execution Chamber: 5
Sand Zone, Curly dialogue: 2
Sand Zone, near Sunstones: 5
Sand Zone, by dog chest: 5
Jenka, dog #2: 1
Jenka, dog #3: 1
Jenka, dog #4: 1
Labyrinth I: 5
Labyrinth Shop: 3
Labyrinth M: 1

Waterway: 2
Drain Curly: 3
First Cave, second visit: 4
Labyrinth B: 2
Egg Corridor Detour: 2
Outer Wall: 2
Plantation, upper-left: 4
GOTCHA!

I believe the italicized areas should give you a good idea where you messed up, check them out if you can. (You're planning on making a new account up until the planatation, correct...? Anybody?)

Jun 10, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
ChimeApple said:
I believe the italicized areas should give you a good idea where you messed up, check them out if you can.
I actually listed those, just not directly by name because no-one ever remembers what letter corresponds to what section of the labyrinth anyway. Thanks anyway.

ChimeApple said:
(You're planning on making a new account up until the planatation, correct...? Anybody?)
I have a save at plantation, one before hell, and another at pre-Labyrinth Egg Corridor.

Jun 10, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
I'd like to point out that I'm 96% certain that the bonus for beating Curly is in fact a bonus for saying you are not going to kill the Colons. That should probably be verified.

Jun 10, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Life Capsules are an item in Cave Story, usually placed in a hard-to-reach or hidden area, that will award the player between one or five extra HP. This number is not determined by the progress throughout the game. If all of the Life Capsules are grabbed, the maximum amount of HP is 50 (55 if the Blood Stained Sanctuary is accessed).
In Cave Story 3D, there is a gradual increase in the amount of possible HP. Most of the new HP is granted to the player by interacting with NPCs, such as when returning a dog to Jenka, Quote receives more HP. Also, there are more Life Capsules bringing the maximim amount of HP to 84, or 98 if the player chooses to go to Blood Stained Sanctuary.
Apparently the Wiki has troubles as well?

Not sure if anyone missed these. Just going to throw them out there. There's a Life Capsule when you return to First Cave for the Spur. It can be easily missed if you're not getting the Spur. There's also another in the Labyrinth where the Professor falls. If you use the booster to fly up and to the right where the healing box is there's a Life Capsule obscured by the 3D effects behind the wall.
Gamefaq forums says otherwise, however.

Jun 11, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I got those though.