Free Games Reviews

Nov 17, 2010 at 7:57 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I have undertaken a task to tread the almighty waters of the internet to find some quality free games, and then review them. There will be bad games, there will be good ones. But my purpose is to clue people in on some good free games because some of us can't afford money to buy the hot new stuff, and there are so many crappy free games out there that it is hardly worth looking for the good ones.
So check out my two reviews here , and tell me what you think.

Nov 17, 2010 at 8:10 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Not bad. You've got a solid writing style which is always a plus. DC will always make me think of Deceased Crab, but well, not much you can do about that. I would say something about blogspot vs. wordpress, but I don't know enough about blogspot really to formulate an informed opinion. I would personally avoid putting a thing to my facebook on there but that's up to you if you're comfortable with it I guess >_>

Nov 17, 2010 at 9:48 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Noxid said:
I would personally avoid putting a thing to my facebook on there...

That is probably a good idea. Thank you for the input, good sir!

Nov 21, 2010 at 5:20 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I think your idea is great perfect place to find all the good free games(no money so that's what I need) but I wouldn't post entire reviews on the main page. Just a section and then like a continue reading link (Just my opinion, I don't really like having to scroll through entire articles to find something that interests me) :rolleyes:

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:25 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Cross Fire is more of a Counter Strike / Combat Arms rip off than a CoD ripoff, if I do say so myself. But I do agree with Noxid, in that your writing style is great.

Feb 13, 2011 at 9:16 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
did you hear? there's an Alien Arena 2011 now and it seems far better than the 2010 version from what you described in your review.

i would love to see more reviews :p

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:49 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Here are my suggestions:

1.srb2-its a sonic fangame try it out it may be the best 3d sonic game ever and it is well known so expect a fair amount of servers.Also you can customise the game you can make youre own characters levels.Heck you can even go as far as to edit the game itself like for example you can edit the hud.You can get it here: srb2.org and if you want you can go to the forums for srb2 (you can find the link on the site) and get some wads (the special characters levels ect made by anyone but sonic team junior the makers of srb2) and you can also get md2s (3d models you can use) theres to0 much to explain so one last thing for more info go to srb2s wiki page.

2.mavericks 2- a megaman rpg fangame played it a long time ago but still its worthy of the number 2 here is the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbL7HGDfVmM&feature=related you'll see 2 links use the 2nd one.

ill think of more later

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:30 PM
"Huzzah!"
I have got to agree with Marx here on SRB2. Its hilarious that a group of fans managed to deliver a retro feeling 3D sonic game better than sega could. It feels like the old games, but in 3D. You've got your spikes, lava, crushing walls and so on. Not to mention, when your done with the game, theres a good few excellent WAD files that expand it even more. Sonic fans owe it to themselves to at least try this little gem!

Feb 13, 2011 at 7:30 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Very bad and unprofessional review an Alien Arena since:

1) You went to the old IRC probably lol. IRC is active in the evenings after 20pm (Europe). If you say something you get 100% a respose in a min.
2) How could you say that one who plays this game are "basement-dwelling urine-bather" without speaking to us? Most of the clan people are over 20, have families, jobs, and play only in the evening. Why do you trash people you`ve never met?
3) You nowhere see more :p faces than in our Irc and forums. Much less drama than in Cave Story forums, my word that.
4) The game practically never crashes. 1/100 maybe due to the new ragdoll code being implemented. If you turn off the ragdolls should be no crashes at all. If you know how to configure a computer right, that is.

You remind me of this guy:

Please don`t get me wrong, I respect you and you`re opinion that the game is bad. It`s just not fair saying bad things about people you don`t even know.

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:06 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
well have you been playing since it was Alien Arena 2010? if you have then maybe you were a lucky one.
i have 2011 and it seems pretty good, but i haven't played online yet

Feb 15, 2011 at 1:02 AM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
and for the sonic or platformer fans check out sonic megamix use the download link offered here:http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic%20the%20Hedgehog%20Megamix its a hack of sonic the hedgehog but trust me its not just a pallete swap or a few new levels NO it features more than that you have to play to understand.

Miles_Valentine said:
I have got to agree with Marx here on SRB2. Its hilarious that a group of fans managed to deliver a retro feeling 3D sonic game better than sega could. It feels like the old games, but in 3D. You've got your spikes, lava, crushing walls and so on. Not to mention, when your done with the game, theres a good few excellent WAD files that expand it even more. Sonic fans owe it to themselves to at least try this little gem!

To be honest ALOT and i mean ALOT of sonic fanatics think that sonic games are only good in 2d and well this fangame is enough proof to show that.