Django's Unofficial XyZ help thread!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 20, 2006 at 8:31 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Here we can chat about what we need help with which involves the Xak Ys and Zelda series and also any of the games shown on the site! I will start off with this question. What is the easiest way to kill the boss in the Incan Ruins in Illusion of Gaia?

Aug 21, 2006 at 9:58 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Hmm, isn't that the one where you have to destroy the hands before you can destroy the face? It has been awhile since I've played Illusion of Gaia, but for starters you should use Frieden (I think that was his name) since he does more damage than Will and try your best to dodge his attacks while stabbing at him with the sword as you run circles around him if I recall correctly. I'm not sure what the best technique is as a great deal of the bosses in the game require a bit of strategy to defeat. By the end you have to defeat each of the bosses again a second time (In the style of Star Tropics II) and back-to-back with the same lifebar. So practice makes perfect.

Good luck to you,

-SkyeWelse

Aug 27, 2006 at 10:40 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
THanks it is just I am trying to play it on my new GP2X (google it or use wikipedia) and I got to that part. I usually just went in front of his face and slashed away but It didn't really work cause he has those stupid projectiles which make him cheap. Is it possible to block his attacks using R or L?

Aug 27, 2006 at 11:27 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Hmm, it might be possible as I know you could defeat several of the bosses in the game by blocking their projectiles including the last boss. So you might try facing in the direction of the incoming barage of fireballs and hold down the block buttons (L and R I believe?) and see what happens. It's been too long since I last played it so this is just a guess.

-SkyeWelse

Aug 28, 2006 at 12:06 PM
Do all the bosses use some kind of projectile?

Aug 29, 2006 at 12:53 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
I believe most of the do actually. I'd have to replay the game to really know however. I know that the final boss and even the secret boss does as well as many of them which is why they implemented a block feature for the character to use.

-SkyeWelse

Aug 29, 2006 at 12:22 PM
I have tested it but it didn't work but u CAN dode the firebar easily if it is infornt of the boss. The bouncing Crystal Projectile may not be able to be blocked but it is pretty easy to dodge. Does anyone know how to get pass the poison gas area in the Area "Cavern" in Terrangima(which I think is a really great game) Also it is a little off topic but Skyewelse have you ever tried a Game called Quest 64? It is one where (If I remember correctly) u are trying to save the kingdom. You can find elemental crystals which allow you to do special attacks. To me when I played this game, it felt a lot like Orcarina of Time but it is more of an rpg. There are random battles but u won't be going through menus. You will be fighting the baddies using only your Crystals, your wits, and your sword. They have an innovative Battle System where u can be walking but suddenly a circle will apear as your battle ground and the enemies come in. THere is no effect like the sound of glass breaking or an image appear. That is all I remember of it as I rented the game before.

Jan 10, 2007 at 5:21 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Haven't tried that one out before. I'd have to give it a shot to see if it works as an action-rpg. If it does it should be added to the list when I can afford some time to work on it. I think the .hack series for PS2 might also make it on there.

-SkyeWelse

Sep 11, 2007 at 7:49 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Django said:
Here we can chat about what we need help with which involves the Xak Ys and Zelda series and also any of the games shown on the site! I will start off with this question. What is the easiest way to kill the boss in the Incan Ruins in Illusion of Gaia?
I once did it with Will instead of Frieden, it was extremely hard but I managed to pull it off.

I have the cartridge at home, and mine is called Illusion of Time. I think Illusion of Gaia was the US version and Time the European version but I am not sure, they are both the same apart from the title screen.