Disappearing notes in ORG 2.10

May 15, 2015 at 10:26 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
About 20 bars in to a composition, if I follow up a series of shorter notes with a longer held in the same track, some or all of the shorter notes in the previous bar of the same track completely disappear from the workspace. Even when the edits are undone and a note is placed in the following bar, the same notes will vanish. Clicking in the space where the shorter notes were placed (and are gone at this point) plays the note that would have played if the notes were still present, yet playing the ORG file itself makes it act like the notes were not placed there. If I try to delete the longer held note, sometimes a tiny portion of the note head can be seen, and right-clicking on that results in the note being extended to the end of the ORG file.

The second time I encountered this issue, I undid the edits and saved my work, then tried opening the ORG in an older version (2.05). I was still encountering the same issue at first, and playing the ORG caused ORG Maker to crash on the disappearing notes, so I was ultimately forced to leave the bar alone.

I did manage to capture an example of this issue happening here, though I had chosen to reset the ORG file without saving and adjusting the notes proceeded to work as normal from my understanding.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue working with ORG? I can't seem to replicate it voluntarily, and I can never recall it occurring when using ORG 2.05.

May 15, 2015 at 1:58 PM
beep boop
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I haven't encountered it, it may be some uncommon, weird glitch.

May 15, 2015 at 2:26 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
If you have any ORGs which cause Org Maker to crash, could you post them?

I'd be interested in trying to replicate it, and we might be able to report this issue to the developer.

May 15, 2015 at 6:58 PM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I can send the two ORGs that had that problem, though I can't appear to replicate them within the ORG at the moment. If I find any more offending ORGs I'll save a copy and send that over as well. I'll also see if I can replicate it through making a new composition. Seems to be an issue with using the press and hold function, but maybe ORG's just choosing to behave upon reporting it. :p

Adrift - The ORG in the video linked; I re-opened it, losing my last saves, but I put it up here since it did display this issue.

Gold Against Gold - This issue happened at about bars 18-19, though I'm more certain it was bar 18. The entire bar disappeared when I attempted to make a longer note. Now it doesn't seem to be happening anymore (I finished this one up in 2.05, then came back to see if the issue was still there - it doesn't appear to be.)

I guess I should try saving a copy with a disappearing bar, for next time.

May 15, 2015 at 11:59 PM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Orgmaker crashes almost every time I make a song.

May 16, 2015 at 1:07 AM
squidward
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"