Desired Video Game?

Jul 22, 2014 at 8:06 PM
"Huzzah!"
Is there a game you would love to see happen, but you know it won't happen/anytime soon?

If so, please share your desire.

For me, it would have to be Super Mario Sunshine 2.
Nintendo has been teasing it in a lot of their games (mainly the Mario Kart series), but I think they are just trolling us into believing they will announce it soon.
p186443-0-supermariosunshine2.jpg

Jul 22, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The first few years after the Xbox 360 version came out, my brother and I waited with baited breath for Halo 3 to come out for the PC. But we stopped having our hopes up so high after about 2010 when there was no news about it. Of course, we've been teased with rumors over the years about a PC port coming. From Halo 2 online players posing as Bungie employees who say a PC port is coming, to April fool's posts, to reports of registry files for Halo 3 purportedly being found in the Steam database. After almost seven years I still haven't given into the temptation to watch an LP of Halo 3 and see how the fight gets finished. My brother hasn't either, last time I checked. Maybe some day...
p186444-0-12414halo3oldfull.jpg

Another game I've wanted to happen for a while that never really did was a real Rayman 4. The original Rayman trilogy was a masterpiece. The first one was pretty fun. A bit difficult, but still fun. Rayman 2 improved on the first one in every way and in my opinion is one of the greatest platformers of all time. Then in my opinion Rayman 3 was even better (fans are mutually split down the middle on whether R3 is better than R2). Some other spin-off Rayman games were released around what Rayfans believed to be the golden age of Rayman, my favorite of which was Rayman Arena (called Rayman M in territories outside the US). And then Ubisoft announced their plans for Rayman 4: Raving Rabbids. I had my own misgivings about the main antagonists being bunnies and the ridiculous costumes Rayman sometimes wore, but most fans were excited. But then Ubisoft changed their plans to a party game that put a lot less focus on Rayman and made him look like a wimp. Then came along some more Rayman Raving Rabbids games that put progressively less focus on Rayman until he was completely wiped out of the picture. Finally in 2011 we saw the first real Rayman game in 8 years, Rayman Origins, and then Ubisoft paying homage to their past quality work with Rayman 3 HD, then later Rayman Legends, but still no Rayman 4.

I'm sure any N64 owners here won't hesitate to list Conker's Other Bad Day.

Jul 22, 2014 at 9:25 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
hello penguin 2

Jul 22, 2014 at 9:34 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
inb4 someone says cave story 2
All jokes aside, if there's one game I want that will probably not happen, it's another 2D more linear Castlevania game, which is something that I've said like, a million times I want. I actually only recently got into the Castlevania series, (by that I mean I played the first game a year ago) but I really enjoyed what I saw. Castlevania I I played on the 3DS Virtual Console and I love it and consider it one of my favorite games. After that I got Castlevania Symphony of the Night which most Castlevania fans say is the best game in the series. I personally wasn't impressed much though, and while I can appreciate the amount of effort that went into the game, there were so many parts I felt were unnecessary and just not fun. It's not that I don't like the Metroidvania structure, it's just that I really preferred the original Castlevania. I also played through a bit of Castlevania Rondo of Blood and recently bought Castlevania III Dracula's Curse and enjoyed them both quite a bit. I really think that if they did another game in the style of Castlevania III, with the different paths and characters, it could be a great game and one of the best in the series. In fact, if they just did a remake of Castlevania III, fixing a lot of the little problems with it, it could be a masterpiece. I know there was Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth, which is technically the most recent notlordsofshadow game in the series, but that was really meant as more of a throwback title. Sadly, there's pretty much no chance of this ever happening ever because Konami I believe has stated that they're probably going to stick with the Lords of Shadow style for Castlevania, and the only thing most of the fans want is a new Metroidvania game.
also i want a new mega man game that's not a stupid 8 bit game and a new sonic game that doesn't suck

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Some kind of sequel or spiritual successor to Dokapon Kingdom. To me, it's about as good as a multiplayer game can get. It's such a sadistic but insanely fun game, and I think if another game were made that included more accessible single-player games and online support it would be near-perfect. It's probably never going to happen though, as it's a pretty niche game overseas and I think it bombed in the US.

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:26 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Pokemon Snap 2 for the Wii-U.

If they had made one for each of the past generations, the "hurp durp too many pokemon" problem wouldn't exist

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
A Morrowind remake or an open world zombie survival game (like DayZ but more focused on single player.)
And yeah, sunshine 2 would be great. I would want to see that.

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Dishwashing Simulator 2015, everyone's favorite high-octane action RPG.

ON, the less serious sequel starring The Pitcher on her quest to find out what happened to the world and how she came to be.

Final Spaghetti and Final Spaghetti II, the unforgettable tale of Mario and Luigi on a quest to stop the King from using the ultimate spell Dinner.

Luigi On a Tiny Pony, just because.

Crash Bandicoot 4, developed by Naughty Dog.

Mega Man X9.

Jil Jil: Gaiden. You know you want it.

Hello Kitty Corps, the hot new FPS to end all FPSes (((forever(seriously(well not totally))).

Pokémon Static and Snow, the games which finally feature canon Missingno..

Metroid Dread.

The Guardian Legend 2.

Threejo Kazooie.

And finally, Not [not a] MODRave Story, the only thing besides N0xid's Story that will ever make him happy.

What have I done? I've let loose all my mediocre ideas ;_;

Jul 23, 2014 at 3:22 AM
Professional Whatever
Man I kinda wanna see a klonoa 2 remake but they already did a wii remake of 1 so idk.

Jul 23, 2014 at 3:41 AM
Banned
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
The Magical Realms of Tir na Nog: Escape from Necron 7 - The Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.

In all honesty though, I really want to see Mirror's Edge 2 come out as an actually enjoyable game. I'm not really liking the direction EA appears to be taking it, and I'm going to be really sad if it doesn't live up to what ME1 was.

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:05 AM
War criminal
Hmmm... which games would I like to see happen?

Super Mario RPG 2
Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter
Mario and Sonic Kart
Mega Man 11
Cave Story 2
MLP (the Gameloft one sucks)

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:22 AM
Perpetually out of it
funwillfunwill said:
an open world zombie survival game (like DayZ but more focused on single player.)
Go crazy.

Castlevania 1999 but Konami's being a bitch so that's never gonna happen at this rate.
A Metroid Prime game that's more along the lines of 1 and 2 because 3 was kinda meh, but 2D Metroid's always great too.
Shin Megami Tensei V, why the hell not.

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:53 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
A REAL Breath of Fire 6.

Jul 23, 2014 at 6:07 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
half life 3

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
TLincoln said:
Super Mario RPG 2
You know that Paper Mario was the spiritual sequel to Mario RPG. And the working title for the game was "Super Mario RPG 2."

Jul 23, 2014 at 2:55 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
A new Sonic The Hedgehog game that doesn't suck. (Which might never happen.)

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:16 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Tpcool said:
Some kind of sequel or spiritual successor to Dokapon Kingdom. To me, it's about as good as a multiplayer game can get. It's such a sadistic but insanely fun game, and I think if another game were made that included more accessible single-player games and online support it would be near-perfect. It's probably never going to happen though, as it's a pretty niche game overseas and I think it bombed in the US.
I really hope they someday come up with a sequel, it was a really fun and unique game to play. Does help that i have a bunch of people to play it with, playing with the surprisingly very competent AI really isn't that fun.

On a similar note, a sequel to Fortune Street/Boom Street would also be fantastic, not sure if a lot of people bought that game...

Jul 23, 2014 at 4:25 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
funwillfunwill said:
You know that Paper Mario was the spiritual sequel to Mario RPG. And the working title for the game was "Super Mario RPG 2."
True, but there were a lot of differences. To put it simply without writing a ridiculously long post about how I also want a Super Mario RPG 2, Mario RPG played more like a typical RPG, you could switch out party members, you had a list of spells (or whatever they're called I don't know), and it had a heavier focus on the story (not to say that Paper Mario didn't though). The big part though, is that it was made by Square, and as much as I love Paper Mario, I would love to see another Mario RPG game by Square.