Dead Island

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:37 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So, I got Dead Island a few days after release, and I must say it's rather excellent, and probably the most fun and intense multiplayer experience I've had thus far. So here's a thread to talk about it. Discuss amongst yourselves.

(Also, if any of you have the game on 360 and would like to play together, PM me and I'll get you my gamertag.)

Sep 22, 2011 at 8:07 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I've heard mixed reviews about DI. Personally, since I already own the L4D series, I feel no need to get it.
Also, I've heard some people complaining over all the suitcases you are obligated to open. Are there really that many?

/400th post.

Sep 22, 2011 at 10:08 PM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Cave Story said:
Personally, since I already own the L4D series, I feel no need to get it.

This game is nothing at all like L4D. Dead Island is more of an RPG in Borderlands or Fallout style and is almost completely focused on melee combat.And I wants it but got no monies, so I'll just be waiting for Steam sales.

Sep 23, 2011 at 5:22 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Cave Story said:
Also, I've heard some people complaining over all the suitcases you are obligated to open. Are there really that many?

/400th post.

Well, most of your money and supplies come from suitcases/crates/chests that you find lying around. There are hundreds in the first chapter, then by chapter 3, finding them is rare, and you rely more on trading with other survivors.