Curly Story

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:20 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
First off, NO, I'M GOING TO JUST SWITCH QUOTE AND CURLY'S SPRITES!!!!!

Now, what this is really about. What I want to do is have Curly take the place of Quote, but she will have lines. For example, when she lands between Toroko and King, she'll say something along the lines of "Sorry mister, are you OK?"

Also, Quote, having swapped roles with Curly, will have his own face sprite, not an edit of anything, and have his own lines. Also, Chtulu in the Egg Corridor will say "black-haired" instead of "blonde" when you talk to him, and the masculine of whatever feminine he says in the Plantation.

This will be my first project, I don't have any editing software, and I don't currently have access to my laptop, so it may be a while before the figuritive wheels start to turn. I'll download the audio maker and whatever else I can off of here. If you could help me find CS editing software, that would be great.

Jun 18, 2012 at 6:36 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
So this is going to be like Curly Mode on Wiiware Cave Story, then? If you're looking for editors, look on the Tribute Site download page.

Jun 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I had no idea about that on the WiiWare version, I've only played DSi Cave Story, and I STILL can't beat Ballos' first form--on Easy. weut. Anyway, I said that I'll get what I can off here and then look elsewhere if I need more.

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:33 PM
CARLSOOOOOON AAAAND PEEEEETERSSSSSS!
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I see a problem with your plan: Quotes mute he can't talk

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I see a problem with your plan: Quotes mute he can't talk
No, quote has no dialogue because you as the player are supposed to fill in what he says.
If he was mute he would be unable to communicate.

see: 234 different threads in the discussion forum

anyway

cavestory.org and associated forums have all the software that exists for editing cave story, I'm afraid there /is/ nowhere else to look.

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
This has already been done, use the search bar, also, there are enough curly mods already, including my mod.

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
@Ultimate: Noxid is right, Quote does talk, just not much.

@hate9: I know it's been done before. I got inspired to mod CS and this is what came to mind. Plus, it will be different, this will be my first project, and I find that post to be an advertisement.

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:01 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
This is open to suggestions, so feel free to tell me anything you'd like to see in this mod.

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
This is open to suggestions, so feel free to tell me anything you'd like to see in this mod.

How about slightly altered levels? Most of us have already played through the original game a bazillion times, so change a few things other than the script.

Jun 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Yah, I was going to try to put in some new soundtracks to replace some, add to the story, like making the Bushlands more meaningful, and maybe a new area? (hint hint) I don't have my computer back, and my 3DS got revoked, so development may not start for a while.

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:54 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
Add President George Bush in Grasstown just to spite Nicalis.
Also change Balrog sprite to Kool-aid man.

Wait, that's Translator Story.

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:09 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
How about Rush Limbaugh instead of the Doctor? Or Mitt Romney? Or Newt Gingritch? Or put Republican here? Nah.