CS Vanilla - Reordered Map List

May 14, 2014 at 2:45 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I've been recently trying to mod, and I've grown to hate the organization of the game. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but in any case I've created a few mini-mods to change the map order to something simpler (praise god for Booster's Lab).

All three organization types

Chronological
Chronological (without dividers)
Grouped by Type

Hopefully this will help modders out at least a little. Also if you'd like to suggest organization options, I'm totally cool with that.
Oh, and I put this in General Discussion as I felt it was more an asset than a mod, but if necessary feel free to move it.

May 14, 2014 at 5:38 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Hey, though its an extremely simple edit, it will probably help the upstarts, so I can't see any reason for someone to put it down.

The normal map order is, to my clearest judgment, the order of which Amaya added the maps (maybe during/after the beta):

- It started with the first 4 main areas (Egg Corridor, Grasstown/Bushlands, Sandzone, First Labyrinth Map) where the mechanics were more focused than story-maps.

- It goes in a relatively chronological order for the mid-section (with certain maps made before others regardless).

- The list ends with the maps specifically made for when the Sanctuary ending was added at the end of development.

It's the same for the entity list, and likely most other lists as well. With enough experience you'll have values engraved into your memory, calling out numbers without needing to refer to anything.

May 14, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Thanks, cat. I might find this useful if I ever manage to get a computer in the next century and can start on redoing my minimod. :D