Could This Topic actually be the next Bad Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2015 at 8:01 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
"Haxes". I've actually been trying to do it without getting the missile launcher though.

NEWB

Anyway, Undertale costs about $10.00 on its official site, but from what I've seen of this boss fight alone...
Uh, yeah, the game is most definitely more than worth the price of admission.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:16 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Nov 5, 2015 at 8:28 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Uh, yeah, the game is most definitely more than worth the price of admission.
Why the video.
Why do almost all of your bigger posts need a freaking video.

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:46 PM
Wow, I didn't realize Undertale was that bad. I'm not that much of a masochist.

LOL, I put the spoiler tag on there for a reason.
BECAUSE THAT WAS THE FINAL BOSS! :sun:
(Well, on the Genocide run, at least.)

Also, is anyone else noticing how similar this boss really is (in terms of his apparent plot setup) to Dr. Andonuts from Radiation's Halloween Hack? It's definitely not a coincidence that they both use the same theme.

More importantly, said theme (Megalovania) has apparently become a staple for this developer; if and when he eventually ends up making a new game, you can bet your ass he's gonna reuse this damned song for at least the third freakin' time.

Also, if you wanna know just how borderline plagiaristically closely Undertale's goat people actually resemble the Mimigas, feast your eyes on this. I bet you can barely even tell which of these disgustingly cute little cupcakes is actually the real Toroko. Almost could've fooled me for Balrog's sake. Also, it's worth noting that the doppleganger's name is Asriel.

Asriel Toroko.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2015 at 8:59 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
please use the spoiler tag if you're going to talk about shit like that

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:03 PM
Contributing to spammy posting (off-topic, lack of content, etc)
please use the spoiler tag if you're going to talk about shit like that

You do mean as in the final boss of a cultural landmark video game, right? :hoppy:

14 people's pretty much all you'll see for Cave Story fans compared to the sheering amount Undertale fans. That's like trying to compare a guy eating cereal to a freakin' convention at Times Square.

You know, I'm awfully tempted to state the obvious and say that a bigger fanbase doesn't make a better game, but as far as overall hype from the respective fanbase goes, I'd say that Cave Story and Undertale are on pretty much equal footing...why, you may ask?

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2015 at 9:11 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Hey Xander your entire argument on Cave Story's relevance is kinda hinging on an unfinished argument here
How about you tie up the biggest loose end in this thread by telling us what makes Cave Story such a monument of importance compared to every other popular indie game the that's been released in the past five years if your "larger cultural following" point doesn't hold any merit

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2015 at 9:11 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
it came out literally less than two months ago you gobsmacked wad

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:57 PM
War criminal
I'd say that Cave Story and Undertale are on pretty much equal footing...why, you may ask?
How about stop putting random videos on every post you make like we're fucking 9 years old and actually explain your shit?

Nov 5, 2015 at 9:58 PM
Hey Xander your entire argument on Cave Story's relevance is kinda hinging on an unfinished argument here
How about you tie up the biggest loose end in this thread by telling us what makes Cave Story such a monument of importance compared to every other popular indie game the that's been released in the past five years if your "larger cultural following" point doesn't hold any merit

Because it came out about six years before the past five years. It is definitely a grandfather of the current indie game movement. Yes, it may have shown its age a bit, but that doesn't stop it from being, at the very least, probably the best indie title simply due to its innovativeness and storytelling alone.

How about stop putting random videos on every post you make like we're fucking 9 years old and actually explain your shit?

The video was a social commentary on how rabid the fanbases of both games are. Nothing wrong with that, even though SammyClassicSonicFan in his early years was perhaps the most overrated troll ever on YouTube.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:00 PM
Because it came out about six years before the past five years. It is definitely a grandfather of the current indie game movement. Yes, it may have shown its age a bit, but that doesn't stop it from being, at the very least, probably the best indie title simply due to its innovativeness and storytelling alone.
Pixel definitely inspired the author of Undertale.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:03 PM
War criminal
The video was a social commentary on how rabid the fanbases of both games are. Nothing wrong with that, even though SammyClassicSonicFan in his early years was perhaps the most overrated troll ever on YouTube.
I don't think usage of Jontron and SammyClassicSonicFan reaction videos counts as "social commentary". And yeah, something can be very wrong with that if they're continuously spammed throughout the thread.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:14 PM
Professional Whatever

Your argument is extremely flawed. Cave Story is not good because it's been around for a long time. The only reason that it's as big as it is is because of Nicalis's support, and even then there's no evidence to consider it a monument of indie gaming.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:22 PM
Your argument is extremely flawed. Cave Story is not good because it's been around for a long time. The only reason that it's as big as it is is because of Nicalis's support, and even then there's no evidence to consider it a monument of indie gaming.
The fact that people are still discovering Cave Story and enjoying it suggests otherwise.
And the only reason it's so big is because AGTP translated it into English.

Nov 5, 2015 at 10:35 PM
Professional Whatever
I was probably too hasty in saying it was just Nicalis but I don't think it was AGTP who caused it specifically either. Regardless, it being well-known doesn't necessarily make it as important as Xander makes it out to be.

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:32 PM
I was probably too hasty in saying it was just Nicalis but I don't think it was AGTP who caused it specifically either. Regardless, it being well-known doesn't necessarily make it as important as Xander makes it out to be.

It's the entire reason why this forum exists.

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:46 PM
"Huzzah!"
Cave Story will be Cave Story, Undertale will be Undertale, Under Story will be Under Story, and Cavetale will be Cavetale. I didn't really take the time to read every post made in this thread, I just wanted the extra post count. I am sorry.

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:50 PM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Cave Story will be Cave Story, Undertale will be Undertale, Under Story will be Under Story, and Cavetale will be Cavetale.
Cavern Tale shall remain as the incomplete masterpiece that could have been...

Nov 5, 2015 at 11:52 PM
Dude, please stop. Please stop making topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.