Collaborators in ORG music needed

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:52 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I tried my best to not make the title to this thread misleading in any way. However to make it very clear, I really was hoping someone could help me make active progress in collaboratively making music. I'm not sure if this was better here, or in the music section, but I settled on this considering it falls under "hack development". I really wanted to do this project entirely by myself, but I simply am not musically talented. This does not mean I will stop trying by any means, but I really want to meet deadlines I have made for myself. If you want an example of the music I am able to do, here is my poorly done rendition of the Super Mario 64 select screen music. http://www.mediafire.com/download/n3nafkdear6edb7/Select+Screen-+Kitty+Story.zip. As for a little exposition so it doesn't seem like I'm asking without any proof of work, This mod was initially planned to be done within the course of 2 months, however as I now have to share a computer with a friend half the time, I extended it to 4 months, essentially giving me the same amount of time to finish the project. A short description of the story: You are cat. Simon Cat. You do cat things. Riveting story I know. With a completely original title. It's called "Kitty story ~ The amazing triumph". I'm not focusing a lot on story, because I feel that it might get too complex and off-base of what I wanted to create, which is just a fun little mod about a kitty, that WILL be completed. I know what you're thinking "Pics or it didn't happen!", so here are some pics.
http://s27.postimg.org/fk604ly5f/meow.png
http://s29.postimg.org/cl97bq1br/Mreow.png
http://s13.postimg.org/bjzyz4453/MEWO.png

Yep. I really don't want to ask for help. I just suck at it, but I'll continue trying regardless. I would like someone to work with on music but I understand that there are many people who have better things to do. I won't post the Beta on here. However if you work with me, then I will send it to you, or alternatively just PM me that you want the link. It's not a whole lot so far, but I've plunged some work into it. The pics don't really do it justice, because many sprites are not completely done yet (thus not worth showing yet), but should be by tomorrow night.

Thank you for your time Cave story forums community.

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
These are the kind of posts that should be made more. I think it's a great thing that you tried your hardest before asking for help, and I think a lot of modders can learn from you.
I can't help much in this regard, but I would recommend good org makers who read this to at least consider his request.

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Dec 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Thank you very much Tpcool. I'll talk to you when I get the chance. By the way, that is a REALLY good rendition, how long did it take you?

Dec 31, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Ultrasyther said:
Thank you very much Tpcool. I'll talk to you when I get the chance. By the way, that is a REALLY good rendition, how long did it take you?
Give or take half an hour maybe. The key to making org songs quickly and accurately is having a MIDI or sheet music that you can transcribe it from. Glad to hear you like it!

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Jesus Christ! It took me like 3 hours to make the sucky one I made! Well, thank god for people like you.

Dec 31, 2013 at 6:24 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
If I'm right, Tpcool was planning to do an Orgmaker tutorial. (I might be confusing this with someone else however)
Anyway, I would love to try and help, but I haven't poked around enough in Orgmaker myself, and school takes up a lot of my schedule. I have a list of songs that I would like to try and transcribe into Orgmaker.

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Rubyyoshi said:
If I'm right, Tpcool was planning to do an Orgmaker tutorial. (I might be confusing this with someone else however)
It is me, yes. It's still in the scripting phases and I don't really plan to finish it anytime soon. The fact that he set a deadline for himself means that it makes more sense to just transcribe any orgs for him myself anyway. I don't expect everybody to immediately grasp how to make orgs when I release it anyway, lol.