Close menu command?

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:10 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
So is there a tsc command that closes the menu or something that has the same effect?
The reason I ask is that im trying to make the teleporter a inventory item, I can get it to work for the most part but it gets stuck on the menu so it cant transport to the place I want to go. Will it be something simple or will it require something like asm hacks? I would look this up on the threads but I dont know how I would go about looking for it. so can anyone help?

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Unless you know ASM, there is no way to make the teleporter an inventory item even if you don't use the menu.

Try using <TRA while the inventory is open. I dare you.

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
umm... I already did. This thread is about the fact that it wont <TRA when the menu is open. It brings up the names and ask's if I want to teleport then changes to the music of where I want to go,but of course it doesnt work and requires ASM as you just explained. Well thank you anyway

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
<TRA in the inventory will mess up your events very badly. Have you tried walking around and talking to NPCs after using it?
Have you noticed that <CMU was a little different? Hm?

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:03 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
<TRA causes the script to be called from the wrong map, however <MOV doesn't and might work if you can manage to fit everything you need to onto one map file (you can separate the areas using black space). There's no command to close the menu, but the event should run correctly upon exiting it.

Nov 30, 2012 at 7:20 AM
Thanks doublethink! I'll try that when I get a chance

Edit: Thanks doublethink, that seemed to work.