Cave Story++ v0.04

Aug 9, 2016 at 7:01 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
THIS MOD IS DEAD!
So are the links, I've removed the files from my Dropbox to free up space.

By the way, the mod crashes in Grasstown, since some of the patches replace code in some of the entities in there.

This is just a mod to improve my TSC skills, so it's really nothing special.
Download v0.04 (removed)
Download v0.03 (removed)
Download v0.02 (removed)
Download v0.01 (removed)
p218708-0-zdcecu7.png

p218708-1-wwhbacu.png

- Living Quarters! Accessible from Mimiga Village, the Map System has been moved to there!
- Hell Time Trial and Jukebox!
- AUTO-EQUIPPING BOOSTERS!!!!!!!!

Feedback is appreciated.

Version 0.04
- New title screen!
- Fixed file version

Version 0.03
- Fixed unnecessary FL+ in life capsule script in trial prep room

Version 0.02
- Fixed missile expansion in trial prep room setting ammo to wrong amount (was 55, should now be 30)
- Fixed SG B3 missile expansion giving normal missile expansion even if you have super missile launcher
- Cleaned up archive

Version 0.01
- Initial release

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2016 at 7:10 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I'm sorry to say this, but we generally aren't interested in minor changes to the original Cave Story. Although your mod may be very good and have a lot of effort put into it, we usually prefer seeing entirely new things with mods.

Aug 9, 2016 at 7:12 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I'm sorry to say this, but we generally aren't interested in minor changes to the original Cave Story. Although your mod may be very good and have a lot of effort put into it, we usually prefer seeing entirely new things with mods.
Yeah, figured as much. Really, this was more of a mod to come to grips with TSC.
I'll probably make an actual mod and upload that.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2016 at 7:17 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Yeah, figured as much. Really, this was more of a mod to come to grips with TSC.
I'll probably make an actual mod and upload that.
We look forward to what you'll come up with! Remember, practice with any element of modding is always a good thing, so don't think of this mod as a waste of time.

Aug 9, 2016 at 7:34 PM
Brayconn Online
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Found a bug with the hell time trial:
The chest near the end of B3 will give you the Missile Launcher, even if you already have the Super Missile Launcher.

Aug 9, 2016 at 8:03 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Found a bug with the hell time trial:
The chest near the end of B3 will give you the Missile Launcher, even if you already have the Super Missile Launcher.
This has been fixed! Get v0.02.

Oct 3, 2016 at 12:05 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Nice! The Jukebox only plays Mischievious Robot. My suggestion is to have the ability to choose your song. Also: How did you get the Save/Load in the title to be in the corner? I could use that. Overall, nice job for a first mod.

Oct 3, 2016 at 6:18 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Nice! The Jukebox only plays Mischievious Robot. My suggestion is to have the ability to choose your song. Also: How did you get the Save/Load in the title to be in the corner? I could use that. Overall, nice job for a first mod.
What? The Jukebox should be able to cycle between different songs...
Try to press left or right after interacting with the Jukebox and see if anything changes.
The Save/Load in the corner thing is a side effect of installing the TSC+ TIMG hack in Booster's Lab's Hackinator.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:52 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
So exactly what changed from the original?

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:50 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
So exactly what changed from the original?
Not much, there's a Hell speedrun thingy, a jukebox, a new house in Mimiga Village and all scenes where you get any Booster now auto-equip it.