Cave Story Islandopoly

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:05 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Ever wished for a new board game for Christmas when you were young?

Well, I have a very special "printable" board game just for you!

CS_AREABOARDGAME.png

Complete set in ZIP file attached below

Story
Jenka somehow managed to gather a HUGE amount of Cion and, for some reason, wants to sell the Island to a worthy individual from the Surface. She commissioned Chaba to be the one running the Bank and put up Property Spaces nearby the Island's Areas. Chaba, seeing that he had never done any business involving money in a long time, gladly honors Jenka's request.

Chaba created many flyers advertising the Island Buying Competition and posted them on every city on the surface in the hopes a batch of would-be buyers that dare to go about their business into owning the whole Island.

Will a certain individual prove his or her worthiness?

Instructions

Download the ZIP and print out the whole set. Some are printed on both sides prior to cut out. For Cion (or Money), you'd best be having a lot of paper, ink or toner for this. If not possible, seek alternatives, like Play Money or use Calculators with pen and papers.

For the board, use a plotter to print the board. If using a printer instead, try to print out four sections of the board, (cut) and tape together.

Lastly, you will need dice to advance your tokens. You can get them physically, or you can download and use my Dice Roller app (You must use the All-Purpose method).

Set includes
  • Board
  • Cutouts of 12 Inns & 32 Houses
  • Cutout of 12 Cave Story character tokens (front and back)
  • Cutout of Area Deeds (front and back--for mortgage)
  • Cutout of 16 Orange Unknown Cards (front and back)
  • Cutout of 16 Yellow Treasure Chest Cards (front and back)
  • Cutout of different kinds of Cion, the Island Currency (front and back)
And Finally

A certain large monster, the Droll :droll: really DOES NOT like the idea of getting the Island sold to anyone. He will try to capture and place them in the Jails of Plantation. So BEWARE of the DROLL. :greydroll:

If you find yourself in Jail, you will need Chaba's help, but it unfortunately comes with a price. Chaba challenges you to try to roll doubles for the next three turns. Get a double, and he will release you for free. You may choose to pay a 50 Cion fine or use a Magical Card to forget the challenge. If you fail to get doubles after your third turn in jail, unfortunately, Chaba must do his business and you are forced pay the fine.

Good Luck.

Attachments

• CS_AREABOARDGAME.zip
    424.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Dec 26, 2016 at 12:06 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Hey, this seems like pretty cute theming and a good quality board. Well done! I especially like the return of Cion :mahin:

I'm no friend of Monopoly, myself, but if there are any future Cavecons there really must be a copy of Islandopoly there! (Mix with some Curly Brace to turn a maddening night into a fatal one.)

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:49 AM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hey, this is really cool! I love how you've incorporated the Cave Story lore into Monopoly, it's very amusing. I like the way that the property's value is related to how far through the game said map is. I also enjoyed the treasure chest and unknown cards. The one thing I don't quite understand is why you decided to involve Chaba with the three times rolling doubles to get out of jail. I also felt like you replaced Quote with Curly too much in some of that card art. Otherwise, good job! Oh, and also...

MONOPOLY STORY
INSTEAD OF HERMIT GUNSMITH, HERMIT BANKER
OPEN A CHEST CARD
YOU GET 200 CION
YOU CAN BUY LITERALLY ANY PROPERTY ON THE ISLAND

I'm sorry, I just had to.

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:12 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
MONOPOLY STORY
INSTEAD OF HERMIT GUNSMITH, HERMIT BANKER
OPEN A CHEST CARD
YOU GET 200 CION
YOU CAN BUY LITERALLY ANY PROPERTY ON THE ISLAND

I'm sorry, I just had to.

If you really must do this to us, be accurate. Put 400 Cion in that chest, son, that will get you places - any X Story starts you with nothing but the clothes on your back, so no 200 bonus for you!

Jan 1, 2017 at 9:55 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Thanks for the compliments thus far.

Thread title updated since the holidays are fading away.

@Polaris, you have mentioned that certain dangerous beverage again. I have seen about it way before while lurking in these forums. Heh.