Cave Story Game Idea

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:05 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
I love the cave story series and i thought about an idea: what if cave story became a multiplayer game like new super mario bros wii and kirby wii, Player 1 can be Quote/Mr. Traveler, Player 2 could be Curly Brace, Player 3 could be Sue Sakamoto, and Player 4 could be King. they would have to change alot in stuff like story but what do you guys think? let me know please :p. (i put this on nisamerica cave story 3d forum also)

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:35 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Sorry, but that just can't work. The game engine wasn't designed for more than one player.

Some folks decided to try and make Hell co-op, but in the end it still didn't work.
Edit: Oh yeah, there was Agroa, the multiplayer Cave Story game, but I think that ran off of some sort of server program, similarly to how un-dedicated Minecraft servers work.

Aug 29, 2011 at 5:40 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Yes a multiplayer was created called agora's Legends. It did start to work to a certain extent. http://www.echidnatribe.org/Doukutsu/
If you could make it that would be awesome :p
Cave Story...Hell 2 player was not multiplayer...as you probably already know multiplayer needs internet so the players can connect with each other.

Aug 29, 2011 at 11:31 PM
LSD
"..."
Kick Ass said:
Yes a multiplayer was created called agora's Legends. It did start to work to a certain extent. http://www.echidnatribe.org/Doukutsu/
If you could make it that would be awesome :p
Cave Story...Hell 2 player was not multiplayer...as you probably already know multiplayer needs internet so the players can connect with each other.

A few of us have been trying to come up with something, but nobody has really found a solution. I working with Kick on our Sacred Lands 2 Player deal. The two player part...
Well...

Sep 5, 2011 at 7:21 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Multiplayer is difficult to program, difficult to implement, difficult to design around, and difficult to integrate nicely with single player. Few (read: none) of the hackers capable of making this hack wish to invest the time that it would take to make it. If someone did make it, their best bet would be to recreate the game engine in c++ or java. This is an enormous and difficult task in and of itself, and once that was finished, they would have to figure out how to add online capability, and then redesign the entire game so it worked well with and was fun with multiple players.

Hence, there is no true multiplayer cave story and likely won't ever be.

Sorry! :critter:

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:55 AM
"Huzzah!"
Lace said:
Multiplayer is difficult to program, difficult to implement, difficult to design around, and difficult to integrate nicely with single player. Few (read: none) of the hackers capable of making this hack wish to invest the time that it would take to make it. If someone did make it, their best bet would be to recreate the game engine in c++ or java. This is an enormous and difficult task in and of itself, and once that was finished, they would have to figure out how to add online capability, and then redesign the entire game so it worked well with and was fun with multiple players.

Hence, there is no true multiplayer cave story and likely won't ever be.

Sorry! :pignon2:

Well, with the new cave story versions sprouting out to game systems, nicalis or pixel will eventually create some multiplayer cave story(at least my opinion)