Cave Story DS (on the PC)

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:42 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Cave Story with NDS-type gameplay. Nuff said.

Jun 24, 2010 at 6:10 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
That doesn't make any sense. There's a directional pad, six frontal buttons (well, five), and two shoulder buttons. It would play the exact same as it does on the PC.

Jul 4, 2010 at 12:38 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Fire1052 said:
That doesn't make any sense. There's a directional pad, six frontal buttons (well, five), and two shoulder buttons. It would play the exact same as it does on the PC.

Actually, the inventory is on the "touch screen", and you simply have to "tap" the objects. Debatably more convenient than the directional pad and "A button"/Z key.

Jul 4, 2010 at 1:51 AM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
yeah cus we all have touch screen monitors...

Jul 4, 2010 at 2:11 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
RHF64 said:
Actually, the inventory is on the "touch screen", and you simply have to "tap" the objects. Debatably more convenient than the directional pad and "A button"/Z key.

How could you and why WOULD you tap to select inventory items, especially on the PC? It's a waste of a feature when there's only like four items out of the 30 or so you can't actually use in your inventory.

Jul 6, 2010 at 4:41 AM
Fire1052 said:
How could you and why WOULD you tap to select inventory items, especially on the PC? It's a waste of a feature when there's only like four items out of the 30 or so you can't actually use in your inventory.

You know what? Forget I posted this thread. Someone delete it ASAP so no one bothers to look at it. I admit it was a horrible idea, I will try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Jul 6, 2010 at 5:14 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I don't see how that would be useful.
Do you mean like mouse-click interface?
Idk how much of a step forward that is... :/

Jul 6, 2010 at 5:31 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Well I don't know... I do have a tablet pen that would work to the same effect as a "stylus". And somebody could fashion it so that Cave Story ran with two screens, one with an inventory, as well as mouse input, and have the above window just use the normal keyboard controls...

Wait no, RHF64 was right, this is a stupid idea.