Piledriver -40
--------------------------------
Q + ½╥ + 9001₧ ≡ Teh random Comic series
The Random begins. -1
Brady bunch! -2
A lesson is learned. -3

Co-Creator: Dannon (Aka: Darth Morshu)
Super-Mega-Awesome-Omega-Helper: andwhyisit
Joke-Helpist-2000-beta: Alex (Aka: Vallin)

A comic made by me (Trevor), Vallin(Alex) and Darth Morshu(Dannon)

Constructive criticism is <3'd!

All comments are <3'd! Please comment I love when people comment on mah work!

Edit: Thanks to "Andwhyisit" our comic improved a bit, and by a bit I mean a lot!, Thank you =D!

I have found a GOD TIER mod that I highly recommend that everyone should try. It's not only a great challenge, but the story development is great! It's a mod based on cavestory through Curly Brace's eyes. As of right now, it's unfinished, but it's VERY well made and worth the play. It's called Curly Brace's story and it's made by Kaeso. If you enjoyed cavestory as much as I did, and you like Curly as much as I do, and you love a challenge I suggest you play this game NAO!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 6, 2008 at 8:42 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
It's not bad.

Will you put it on a comic hosting site?

Nov 6, 2008 at 8:47 PM
"Huzzah!"
Well my friend already hosted it on Drshnaps
and I think they show off their better comics who have their own sites and stuff

However we're only starting out. Thus because of that reason were gonna try to "improve" and make more comics before attempting on trying to go into playing with the big fish.
However it is my future wish to make a "Popular" comic that has it's own site dedicated to it with a bunch of fans.

I just thought hosting it here, on the cavestory site, would be a better idea then Drshnaps in a way due to the fact that they might not get the jokes as much since it's "Cavestory" and thats not all that popular. Most comics there are Kirby and mario and stuff. I just think that getting criticism from the people who have actually played the game would be a more fitting idea. Thus I came here.

Right now I'm showing off just the opening, our hook if you will, to see how people will react.

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:12 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I would recommend:
- Round speech bubbles.
- A sans-serif font or Comic Sans.
- When quote is shouting you might want to play around with font size.
- Kill that horrible olive/brown border around the cells.
- Below the header you should make the background black.
- You need to work more with camera zoom and positioning. The same view across multiple panels is boring (comic 1 for example).
- Try to write jokes so that most people can understand them. Obscure references must go. (I have no idea who stan lee is)

Nov 7, 2008 at 12:13 AM
"Huzzah!"
-Round bubbles have been noted; however, I always thought square text boxes was thinking "Outside of the box" GET IT? SQUARE? BOX? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! I'll shut up now.
(Had to do that.)
-We use Courier new since that's the text they use in cavestory. It just seems to fit.
-We did do that In our later comics. I only showed the first 3 to see the responces but since were not gettin many I'm just uploading all 18.
-What color do you recommend then? (Im not kidding. If it looks bad we would love improvement. Suggestions ftw)
- Were changing the color every series. Since all he has to do is talk to the door, which will take like 2-3 more comics, then exit we'll keep it till then. Then the next color change will be Mimiga village.
-Just uploaded more comics. I think we improved since then.
-I agree with that as much as I can't, because not everyone can understand a joke. However I barely know who Stan Lee, like I heard his name twice, but the sheer fact that it's someone famous and popular makes it funny. Hell if we put Chuck Norris everyone would get that but it would be like "LoLmemesawthatcomming."

Thanks for the criticism we'll try to improve. Notice that we did most of what you said in some later comics.

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:06 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Linknight said:
-Round bubbles have been noted; however, I always thought square text boxes was thinking "Outside of the box" GET IT? SQUARE? BOX? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! I'll shut up now.
(Had to do that.)
-We use Courier new since that's the text they use in cavestory. It just seems to fit.
-We did do that In our later comics. I only showed the first 3 to see the responces but since were not gettin many I'm just uploading all 18.
-What color do you recommend then? (Im not kidding. If it looks bad we would love improvement. Suggestions ftw)
Just continue with the square box style and I will add the round speech bubbles later.

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:09 AM
"Huzzah!"
What do you think of the most recent comics though. Does comic 17 make you cry or make you think? Because I did that all myself.

Also in comic 18 I made all text boxes rounded squares. Does that seem better?

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:35 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Linknight said:
What do you think of the most recent comics though. Does comic 17 make you cry or make you think? Because I did that all myself.

Also in comic 18 I made all text boxes rounded squares. Does that seem better?
Your recent comics are really good. But the rounded squares are a bit messy. I was thinking along the lines of this:
sans.gif

Or even this:
sans-serif.gif

Pick one and I will start re-doing the text boxes in that style.

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:54 AM
"Huzzah!"
That looks really good In my opinion. Looks a lot more clean.
I don't know if Dannon would approve though. Thanks for the compliment =3 but I'm not sure if Dannon would agree.
However I think it looks really nice. I'm gonna see if I can get him to see your style.

You did the text tail so well too XD

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:05 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Linknight said:
That looks really good In my opinion. Looks a lot more clean.
I don't know if Dannon would approve though. Thanks for the compliment =3 but I'm not sure if Dannon would agree.
However I think it looks really nice. I'm gonna see if I can get him to see your style.

You did the text tail so well too XD
I am not saying that the rounded box design is bad, just that it is broken up on the page a few times and surrounded by randomly placed white pixels, which kills it a bit.

Oh, and thanks. :p

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:07 AM
"Huzzah!"
He approved. I'm going to edit the comics like that.
I'd ask you to do it, but it's not your comic and that's asking a lot from someone I don't know. XD
The newest one we're making is gonna be like that. The text bubble is gonna be supersqueelookin tho (Photoshooped)

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:10 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Morshu Approves.

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:12 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Linknight said:
I'd ask you to do it, but it's not your comic and that's asking a lot from someone I don't know. XD
I offered to do it earlier. So can I? Pleeeeeeaase. :p

I'll start on 1-7 and 9-17 when I get back home.

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:14 AM
"Huzzah!"
andwhyisit said:
I offered to do it earlier. So can I? Pleeeeeeaase. :)
If you wish =3
Your name has been added to the first post =3 Check it out

Nov 7, 2008 at 2:48 AM
In front of a computer
Linknight said:
Well my friend already hosted it on Drshnaps
...Link please?

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:38 AM
In front of a computer
Hmm... that's just a forum, not a comic hosting site. By "comic hosting site" I mean places like Drunkduck, SmackJeeves, or Webcomics Nation.

Unless Andwhyisit wants to host it on his site with navigation buttons, I would recommend putting it on a comic hosting site.

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:03 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Celtic Minstrel said:
Hmm... that's just a forum, not a comic hosting site. By "comic hosting site" I mean places like Drunkduck, SmackJeeves, or Webcomics Nation.
http://www.comicgenesis.com/ is fairly popular.

Celtic Minstrel said:
Unless Andwhyisit wants to host it on his site with navigation buttons, I would recommend putting it on a comic hosting site.
It would be a nice opportunity for learning php, but I shouldn't use the site for personal reasons. Though if SkyeWelse agrees to it then I will host it, navigational buttons and all.

Nov 7, 2008 at 6:39 AM
"Huzzah!"
Posting my comic here was such a good idea =3
Got tips and ideas and assistance.
Awesome =3

andwhyisit said:
http://www.comicgenesis.com/ is fairly popular.

It would be a nice opportunity for learning php, but I shouldn't use the site for personal reasons. Though if SkyeWelse agrees to it then I will host it.

I won't ask to go into your site, but if you and all your friends on that site think we're good enough then hell I'd love to be hosted on a site. So you have my permission to host it if everyone you know on that site agrees. I believe Dannon would agree too.
Still, you helping me with the text bubbles is enough for me =3