Cave Story: Chinfish Rescue Demo

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:21 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Well, I've decided to make a new CS mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1xrabebuedw56y/CSCR.zip?dl=0
cstsf.PNGcstsgf.PNG
In the game, Chinfish is captured. You must save him.
Changes:
1. Fixed glitch where after getting the Silver Locket an invisible King and Toroko appear.
2. Fixed glitch where Chinfish is in Reservoir.
3. Fixed the glitch where you could get stuck in the Shack.
4. Fixed block glitch.
5. Added Egg Corridor and Arthur's House.
6. Fixed Gunsmith Glitch.
7. Added Booster V.08 in Arthur' house.
8. Decided to discontinue mod.
9. Accidentally glitched up Egg Corridor so much you can't get to Arthur's House.

Edit made on 4/12/2017: As of now, Chinfish Rescue Remastered is being made. Here's the demo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/and38pm1avhn90q/CSCR zip.zip?dl=0

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2015 at 10:45 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
...No information? No screenshots?

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:48 PM
Soup Man
I have a link to the mod don't I? Ehh, I'll add a screenshot or two right now.

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:53 PM
Soup Man
Better?

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:56 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I guess I'll give this a shot.
Edit:
If you go to the reservoir get the silver locket and leave it makes invisible Toroko run from invisible King. Get rid of that script.
Also, when you get the nemesis, the music stops. You can get stuck near or in the shack before getting the nemesis. The nemesis seems a bit overpowered, even with 50 ammo. And if Arthurs house is caved in, you should still be able to see his house, just wrecked and blocked off from the rest of the village. And the way to get back up to the rest of the village after getting the map system only works if you got the gun. If you fall trying to get to the rest of the village after getting the map system, you can't get back up there and are stuck, even if you have the gun.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2015 at 11:06 PM
Soup Man
Edit:
If you go to the resivior get the silver locket and leave it makes invisible toroko run from invisible king. Get rid of that script.
I fixed it all.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2015 at 11:26 PM
Veteran Member
No, you didn't. When you break the block, you can't get past it. Please test your mod after you make changes.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2015 at 11:49 PM
Soup Man
I fixed the block glitch.

Sep 6, 2015 at 1:33 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
Glitchs:
-jacks dialogue isn't fully contained within the text box
-graveyard goes dead silent after you obtain the Nemesis. (you probably forgot to restore the music in the script)

Other Thoughts:
-better than the whole ghost cat triligy combined
-still rather lacking substance even for a demo

Overall:
-mongoose/10

Sep 6, 2015 at 5:27 AM
Soup Man
Glitchs:
-jacks dialogue isn't fully contained within the text box
-graveyard goes dead silent after you obtain the Nemesis. (you probably forgot to restore the music in the script)

Other Thoughts:
-better than the whole ghost cat triligy combined
-still rather lacking substance even for a demo

Overall:
-mongoose/10
Thanks for the feeedback.

Sep 6, 2015 at 6:47 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Maybe fix the dialogue from Jack,Screen Shot 2015-09-05 at 10.40.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-05 at 10.43.00 PM.png
Also the music cuts out right about here
EDIT: Also I couldn't leave the grave yard so I had to become an hero ~

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2015 at 7:10 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I gotta say, after playing this demo, you have improved by quite a lot after the Ghost Kitten trilogy. The only thing that I can compare this mod to the GKA 1 and 2 is that it ends really shortly in Mimiga Village. It'd be cool to see more from this mod in the future!

The only bug I can really find is Mahin. I think you forgot to add the <ANP where Mahin turns back so he can keep turning around to talk to you if you choose to talk to him again.

Sep 6, 2015 at 8:38 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Something about the starting point just doesn't look right, but also, if you talk to the debug cat, you have a few frames where you are able to jump.
Other than that, it looks allright.

Sep 6, 2015 at 1:18 PM
Soup Man
Thanks! Right now, I'm working on the Egg Corridor for the Full Game.

Sep 6, 2015 at 3:29 PM
Soup Man
OK guys. I added some more stuff to the demo. I added the Egg Corridor. I also fixed all the glitches. Also, the way the Dragon Boss in the Egg Corridor glitching out is intentional, as he is an entity made of pure radioactivity.

Sep 6, 2015 at 3:51 PM
Veteran Member
Bugs I found.
It's impossible to get the map system. When you enter the egg number 0 room, it prompts you to save. This may be intentional, but I would definitely prefer an actual save point. There is no egg in the room although the computer says there is. The door on the right doesn't do anything. After beating the boss fight, the save room is still locked. If you beat the boss and then go back into the egg room and then come back out, the rest of the egg corridor is blocked off.
More bugs.
If you talk to the gunsmith a second time you get transported. Why does the polar star have limited ammo!! Please change that!
You should really play test more. Other than all of those bugs, good mod. Definitely better than your previous mods. Still really short, though it is a demo. Try to take more time in between updates.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Soup Man
Bugs I found.
It's impossible to get the map system. When you enter the egg number 0 room, it prompts you to save. This may be intentional, but I would definitely prefer an actual save point. There is no egg in the room although the computer says there is. The door on the right doesn't do anything. After beating the boss fight, the save room is still locked. If you beat the boss and then go back into the egg room and then come back out, the rest of the egg corridor is blocked off.
More bugs.
If you talk to the gunsmith a second time you get transported. Why does the polar star have limited ammo!! Please change that!
You should really play test more. Other than all of those bugs, good mod. Definitely better than your previous mods. Still really short, though it is a demo. Try to take more time in between updates.
OK. I already fixed the Gunsmith bug, but I won't upload the fix until I fix some other slight things here and there.

Sep 6, 2015 at 7:47 PM
Soup Man
After I release the full game (NOT ANYTIME SOON), there will be a hidden way to get the Spur before Mimiga Village.

Sep 6, 2015 at 8:09 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
• You can attack the first "Dragon" in egg corridor before activating the boss battle, this doesn't affect the boss battle though.
• The transition between the shack in mimiga village to the egg 0 room misses a fading animation
• The background of the egg 0 room has some tiles black and some dark blue, it really looks awful.

Other than that, I couldn't find anything really wrong with the update.(Aside from the boss, which I don't want to mention anymore for now)
also, try leaving Arthur's house for a neat suprise.
You'll get stuck in the wall

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:05 PM
Soup Man