Cannot Enter Doors / Pickup Items :S

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I just purchased Cave Story + for iMac (Mountain-lion) and selected the option to use a gamepad (xbox360), mapped everything and it appears to work fine in all the menus and I can perform any action; however, when I press down on items/doors nothing happens.

I searched and didn't find anything, anyone have any idea what's going on?

Oct 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Have you tried testing the down button outside of CS on your computer? What about on an XBox? Are you using the D-Pad or analogue nub for movement?

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
andwhyisit said:
Have you tried testing the down button outside of CS on your computer? What about on an XBox? Are you using the D-Pad or analogue nub for movement?
Hey andwhyisit!

I have tested the buttons outside of CS, on the XBox 360 Controllers" driver for osX there is a testing screen where you can even check the pressure applied on the back triggers. I have tested on the xbox and they work fine....and the analog and pad also work just fine in CS aside of course from doors/items :/

Oct 15, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Can you use the down key for movement? For instance if you jump and press down you should be able face down in midair. Have you tried the action with the analogue nub to see if that would work? Test to see if the up button works as well.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That's the weird thing...everything works just fine (while using analog or pad), the up looks up and the down while jumping aims down. On the start menu up/down work just fine as well. Everything works except the down on the doors/items :S

I've sent a support email in the www.nicalis.com website 2 days ago, but haven't gotten an answer yet.