Any way to convert ORG to WAV?

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:17 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I know that there's a ORG to PTCOP program and that you can go ORG->PTCOP->WAV, but when I play the song I made in pxtone, it sounds weird, mist songs I do this with sound fine, but this new one I made just sounds low quality when there are 4 notes at the same time, Is there any other way to go from ORG to WAV?
I'll attach the ORG and PTCOP files so you can hear the difference.

Attachments

• song.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 5
Jan 26, 2015 at 5:21 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
there's no way
ever

everyone ever has decided that this will never happen without intense workage on the cave story executable
and no one wants that

OH WAIT, YOU MEANT "ORG TO WAV"
I'M SORRY SHIT

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:24 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
no spirit
you're misinterpreting

I'd personally do it one of two ways. First is recording stereo mix in Audacity; google that for details. The other is going Org -> XM and then exporting the XM module to a WAV in the tracker of your choice.

Jan 26, 2015 at 6:04 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Yeah, I was considering the Audacity approach, but just never tried it lol. Also thought about the XM option, but I don't have any trackers on my PC (I did at one point though), what tracker would you recommemd and will it keep the instruments picked in OrgMaker or will it use it's own?

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:57 AM
Little Bitch in Sheep Clothing
"..."
The dirty method would be to record yourself while playing the ORG, then trimming off the silence before you start playing it.

Jan 26, 2015 at 12:54 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
The problem with ORG2XM is that it doesn't support the instruments from Org Maker 2.

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:34 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Also the other problem is that recording audio may not turn out that well. Depending on your computer volume, the quality can vary from quiet (not crisp when amplified) to loud (distorts). Also to note recording creates white noise, so you may want to get GoldWave to clean that up.

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:54 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Does Org2XM support wave00, wave03, wave16, bass03, snare01, hiclose, and hiopen?

Jan 27, 2015 at 2:55 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
yes
it supports all waveXX instruments, and like half the drums
find out which by downloading orgmaker 1.3x

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:46 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Should've just tested it before posting lol. Thanks, I got an HQ .wav with the help of my old friend MilkyTracker!

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:30 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
GBAura said:
Also the other problem is that recording audio may not turn out that well. Depending on your computer volume, the quality can vary from quiet (not crisp when amplified) to loud (distorts).
That's only a problem if you don't spend the time tweaking your recording volume before you start. Set your playback volume to 100%, your recording volume to around 12%, your speaker box's volume to low, and tweak it from there. If the red bar is peaking when you record in Audacity then that is a good sign that your recording volume is too high and that distortion will occur. If your recordings play back at the same volume as the original then you should be fine. From then on don't touch the recording volume and just set the playback volume to 100% every time you want to record through your sound card. Many find this process to be a stumbling block, but once you get past that you can convert anything you want.