Another new mod- The BIG Switcharoo!

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:17 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Well, considering how everyone else has been doing it recently, I thought I might as well take a crack at making a mod myself. Sure, it's not my on hold unreleased fanfic sequel mod, but it's a step in the right direction...

I bring you- The BIG Switcharoo (FileDropper Mirror) (RapidShare Mirror) (WHFF Mirror) (eSnips Mirror) (For lack of a better title- EDIT: The 2Shared mirror died. It has been removed.)

I know... It's just the normal Cave Story storyline with "myself" as the playable character, and it may seem like too much of a Fjord's Adventure ripoff at times, but I tried to stay as original as possible with the new material...

Also, if you try to get the Bubbler, you'll see it's been swapped with another similar weapon... (By similar, I mean it acts the same, has the same ammo value, and does the same amount of damage as its counterpart)

Screenshots
LifeCapsule640x480.png

TheDocIsIn640x480.png

I would like to tell Andwhyisit that I appreciate it for resizing those facepics I made using ~geN8hedgehog's Anime Face Maker on DeviantArt.

Any feedback, good or otherwise, is appreciated.

P.S. I make a few references to my 8 favorite RPG/Anime women (The 8 Superiors), too. If those aren't allowed, I'll remove them.

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:06 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Bad Beholder said:
I would like to tell Andwhyisit that I appreciate it for resizing those facepics I made using ~geN8hedgehog's Anime Face Maker on DeviantArt.
Thanks. :eek:
If you need any more done then just tell me.

Bad Beholder said:
lol. ;)

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:55 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Aw. I was going to do this at some time, only with 'Shades'... Ah well, the thought is still available.

Anywho, meh. I'm bored, I'll bite. *Dl's*

Feb 7, 2008 at 10:48 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
*plays your mod and notices the toaster joke.*
HEY! I made a toaster joke in my mod as well. T_T

Feb 7, 2008 at 10:53 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I like your sense of humor and no silent protagonizing and I also like what you did with bubbler :D

Feb 7, 2008 at 11:35 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Fun and funny. Neheheh. Gender-confused hippie. :D

Anywho, beat it. Yayz. Full cavestory run without death, Ballos included. Fwahahaha.

Feb 8, 2008 at 1:18 AM
andwhyisit said:
Thanks. :D
If you need any more done then just tell me.
No problem.

May I ask for the other 10 pics of "myself" to be resized, as well? I was thinking of changing a few for certain events.
Pozeal said:
*plays your mod and notices the toaster joke.*
HEY! I made a toaster joke in my mod as well. T_T
It is an addictive trend, wouldn't you agree?
ZTaimat said:
Aw. I was going to do this at some time, only with 'Shades'... Ah well, the thought is still available.
Shades with his own little spin-off mod, eh? Sounds great.
poppinkrn said:
I like your sense of humor and no silent protagonizing and I also like what you did with bubbler :D
I appreciate it. I felt it never made sense for the Bubbler to damage the Jellies or any other aquatic creatures, anyway. Then again, some things on Cave Story just aren't meant to be explained...
ZTaimat said:
Fun and funny. Neheheh. Gender-confused hippie. :D

Anywho, beat it. Yayz. Full cavestory run without death, Ballos included. Fwahahaha.
He he, glad you liked it, and congratulations.

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:03 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Bad Beholder said:
May I ask for the other 10 pics of "myself" to be resized, as well? I was thinking of changing a few for certain events.
When I get home today consider it done. :D

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:58 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Sorry I forgot but here you go:
badbeholder-1.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 12:35 AM
andwhyisit said:
Sorry I forgot but here you go:
badbeholder-1.gif
It's alright, and I appreciate it.

I've recently been trying a 3 HP run (I still took the Missile Launcher, though...) using "myself" and now I'm having a heck of a time with Monster X... It might take about a day or two for me to check everything and update the mod, but I'm not so sure how long it'll take me to finally defeat this boss without taking damage...

I was planning on changing the forcefield's damage to 100 the next time, as well, but I'm not much of a hacker myself... Time to look in S.P.'s FAQ files, then.

EDIT: I couldn't find what I was looking for, so forget changing the damage value, then. I'll just settle for changing the appearance.
NewForcefield640x480.png

Feb 10, 2008 at 8:22 AM
Luls
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Bad Beholder said:
It's alright, and I appreciate it.

I've recently been trying a 3 HP run (I still took the Missile Launcher, though...) using "myself" and now I'm having a heck of a time with Monster X... It might take about a day or two for me to check everything and update the mod, but I'm not so sure how long it'll take me to finally defeat this boss without taking damage...

I was planning on changing the forcefield's damage to 100 the next time, as well, but I'm not much of a hacker myself... Time to look in S.P.'s FAQ files, then.

EDIT: I couldn't find what I was looking for, so forget changing the damage value, then. I'll just settle for changing the appearance.
NewForcefield640x480.png

The forcefield... It's.... attracting...... mee....... *OUCH*

Feb 10, 2008 at 8:54 AM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Looks more like you are riding Monster X

Feb 10, 2008 at 10:45 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
IGOR.gif
RAWR

ISEENORESEMBLANCE.jpg
WTF?

Feb 10, 2008 at 10:48 PM
jcys810 said:
Looks more like you are riding Monster X
Yes it does, but I had to get it in the right spot so its shots wouldn't kill me as I got into the right position after attacking.

Anyways... Update! Check the 1st post for the new links or click HERE to download.

More Screenshots
ItsNiceToBeComplimented640x480.png

BalfrogXtraDialogue640x480.png

Fixes
The "no-bouncing" as the main character walked while looking up has been fixed

The new forcefield is up, but still deals 1 damage

A new non-operational teleporter is in the Starting Point, which might help explain how "I" got on the island

EDIT: Kageryushin, the whole "Birds of Paradise resemblence" reference in Egg Corridor is more about the facepic of Igor, rather than the character sprite itself. Still, they're not entirely similar, I'll have to admit.