"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Going back to the topic of gun control
Right Wing Watch recently provided this statement

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:17 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I couldn't agree more, get rid of the dumb gun free zones

would you walk down the street with a pin that says "proudly unarmed"?

more like "rob me please"

The only person I trust with a gun is myself and everyone else should feel the same because you are the only one you know that can protect yourself, not the government, not a police officer, you.

how far would a mad killer make it into a restaurant, movie theater, or a school if everyone inside had a gun?
He might not even be the first one to pull the trigger.

Also I live only 2 hours away from Roseburg where the school shooting happened that was mentioned in the OP, kinda scary.

E: except for the end about video games, I do think some games are over the top, but I think it's the parent's job to make sure kids don't get their hands on R rated titles.

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:19 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
"they only way we can stop these shootings is more guns!"
- the only country in which such shootings regularly occur

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:33 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I couldn't agree more, get rid of the dumb gun free zones

would you walk down the street with a pin that says "proudly unarmed"?

more like "rob me please"

I think walking around with a sticker saying "proudly X" (X being anything) is just asking for trouble, regardless the subject (a good way to start a fight). And how exactly do you equate being in a "gun-free zone" to being unarmed? Are there not other weapons you could be carrying, and/or could you just not be lying anyways (like the robber/mugger in your hypothetical scenario)?

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:51 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I think walking around with a sticker saying "proudly X" (X being anything) is just asking for trouble, regardless the subject (a good way to start a fight).
So I can't wear a sticker that says "Proudly A Cat Lover"? :<

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:04 AM
Perpetually out of it
So I can't wear a sticker that says "Proudly A Cat Lover"? :<
Unless you want to be mauled by a rabid mob of dog lovers

Also I agree most of what RTU said in response to the previous video

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2015 at 12:06 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Oct 8, 2015 at 12:41 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Oct 8, 2015 at 1:38 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Because the best way to stop gun fatalities is make guns open slather for inexperienced users. [/SARCASM]

The American bill of rights is so outdated it is laughable. The second ammendment was written in a time of conflict when it took forever and a half to load and fire one shot. Now one gun can kill huge numbers of people in a matter of seconds. Not to mention that "arms" is not defined in the bill of rights (unless I am missing something), so you could legally own an atomic bomb if you wanted. Plus the use of the word "infringed" in the document makes it extremely hard to limit which arms people may freely own.

And I question the logic of needing military-grade assault rifles to shoot deer (sterotypes ahoy!) or whatever, there really needs to be a limit.

Not that any of this affects me, for I do not live in the US. I live in a place with gun laws and no mass shootings.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2015 at 1:40 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
My favourite part is that, in the US, you can bypass any and all restrictions to gun ownership by just purchasing one at a gun show
A++

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:00 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
The "994 incidents" incidents figure in the opening post is extremely misleading.
409 out of 995 incidents resulted in no deaths at all, and the total number of deaths since 2013 is under 1,500.
Suicide is a much more significant cause of death (although, some mass shootings do result in suicide).

People shouldn't have to worry about being shot, but this really is getting blown out of proportion.
If mass shootings weren't so widely reported, the incidence rate would almost certainly decrease.
The most effective option however would likely be to impose strict regulations on guns, similar to Australia.

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:26 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
If mass shootings weren't so widely reported, the incidence rate would almost certainly decrease.
yeah, if we didn't make record for shootings that happened in america, it be as if no shootings ever occurred.

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:03 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
That's not right xD
The point is that these mass shootings are almost unheard of in other countries, whereas in the states it's become a regular occurrence.

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:17 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2015 at 3:31 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Also worth noting that the US has the world's 3rd highest population, and the greatest number of firearms per 100 people.

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:50 AM
Offensive User
related to what dunk said previously: this entire thread could have been avoided if everyone itt had guns
Everybody would be too afraid to use it, just like in mgsv I think
E: also ban all video games video games have gone too far