All Weapons & Items

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hi, this is my first mod. It will add practically all the weapons/items at the very beginning of the game, making it great for speedrunners. The official version isn't ready yet (throwing in a few tweaks), but here's a prototype. This and the official version are kinda different, as this literally only gives what the title says, All Weapons & Items. You can post any found bugs if you want though.

Download Prototype 0.1
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3v09mk73xpif1fi/All+Weapons+%26+Items+Prototype+Version+0.1.zip

BTW, I know of 1 Bug: If you go straight for Arthur's House right when you get control of Quote in Mimiga Village, and come back to talk to Sue in the cage, there will be 2 Kings. I'll keep it in just because it's humorous and not game-breaking.
Future Plans
In 1.0, I'll add two things to make the mod have purpose. These two things will make the mod both easier and harder. Expect it to come on Saturday.
Also, because this is my first mod, I want to see how good I am at changing the .pbms, and I'll also edit the item descriptions to add humor.
After that? I could try making the Nikumaru Counter start at the beginning of the game, but I'd want to focus on other mods before that.
Wow, I feel like an idiot. I make a whole mod just to realize Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer does it all. But, that's just a prototype.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Still good modding practice though.

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:02 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
0215MADman said:
Wow, I feel like an idiot. I make a whole mod just to realize Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer does it all. But, not the items! Plus, that's just a prototype.

Uh
I can confirm that it DOES in fact give you items.
diph.php

Feb 25, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Aar said:
Uh
I can confirm that it DOES in fact give you items.
diph.php
Ok then, that makes this prototype even more useless.

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:31 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Give the guy some credit. he's trying to do something that not many people think of really, I'm glad he's a different approach.

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:46 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Like Coffee said, It's good modding practice.

EDIT: Forgot his name wasn't Doors anymore

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
0215MADman said:
making it great for speedrunners.
I fail to see how. Sure, you'll go faster having immediate access to the Booster 2.0, but the fault with your logic is that nobody in their right mind will compare times between a balance-skewed mod and the original game, and moreover nobody would feel the need to post a running record. That'd be like if I did a hell run without any enemies and claimed the world record speedrun clocking in at under 2 minutes because I didn't have to wait for Deleets to explode, and could face-tank the bosses without worrying about my HP or exp. Or if everyone did that, the times would be similar anyway.

If the alternative idea is to practice for speedruns, you're hardly practicing ample routes when you aren't practicing with what you -would- have, and you aren't practicing -avoiding- enemies like you would with a lesser arsenal focused on speed.

PS: I'm a massive buzzkill.

Feb 26, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ZarroTsu said:
I fail to see how. Sure, you'll go faster having immediate access to the Booster 2.0, but the fault with your logic is that nobody in their right mind will compare times between a balance-skewed mod and the original game, and moreover nobody would feel the need to post a running record. That'd be like if I did a hell run without any enemies and claimed the world record speedrun clocking in at under 2 minutes because I didn't have to wait for Deleets to explode, and could face-tank the bosses without worrying about my HP or exp. Or if everyone did that, the times would be similar anyway.

If the alternative idea is to practice for speedruns, you're hardly practicing ample routes when you aren't practicing with what you -would- have, and you aren't practicing -avoiding- enemies like you would with a lesser arsenal focused on speed.

PS: I'm a massive buzzkill.
Oops, I shouldn't have mentioned that. I'm adding shortcuts in 0.3 and 1.0. This version should NEVER be used for speedruns.

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
That kind of misses the point of my post entirely.

Feb 27, 2014 at 8:57 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
True that.

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ZarroTsu said:
That kind of misses the point of my post entirely.
The speedrunning part was for the 5 people that care about speedruns, myself not included. Besides, wait till Saturday when I release the shortcuts.

Yeah, I'm delaying 0.3 a bit to focus on personal things. This does not affect 1.0 in any way, shape, or form. It'll be here this week. I'll try to get it by Tuesday, but no promises.