A problem in Grasstown?

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:08 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
I've already played Cave Story 9000 times, but I started over again yesterday and, the way I just played, there seems to be no way to get the necessary items. After I entered Grasstown I nimbly hopped over Chaco's house, then got the key from Kazuma, and was instructed to collect the materials for Malco's custom explosive.
But my shortcutting caught up with me, I gave Santa his hey back, but he only offers me coal, and Chaco only asks about Santa. I can't progress any further!
Can I?

Dec 30, 2009 at 8:10 PM
Been here way too long...
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Someone already did it, i think it was noxid who pointed out that a flag is set, stopping chaco from spawning the jellyfish.

Jan 3, 2010 at 10:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
thecrown said:
I've already played Cave Story 9000 times, but I started over again yesterday
It's over 9000? :cool:

thecrown said:
and, the way I just played, there seems to be no way to get the necessary items. After I entered Grasstown I nimbly hopped over Chaco's house, then got the key from Kazuma, and was instructed to collect the materials for Malco's custom explosive.
But my shortcutting caught up with me, I gave Santa his hey back, but he only offers me coal, and Chaco only asks about Santa. I can't progress any further!
Can I?
Known bug. Sorry but you may have to either restart your game or hack your save file to manually edit the required flag. *shrug*

Jan 3, 2010 at 2:03 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
I should have known that.

May 11, 2010 at 12:00 PM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Which means the coolest shortcut ever is a doomtrap. Perhaps it should be an official warning for this somewhere? I've spotted it being mentioned three times during today's posting, this glitch.

May 13, 2010 at 2:49 AM
"Huzzah!"
That happened to me too.

I just used Ultimate Doukutsu Trainer to give myself Jellyfish Juice.