A Hearty Thanks to Old Friends

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:07 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hey, it's me.

I know most of you must not remember me, but some people who have been around for a while might.

I just wanted to put a few well-earned thank you's out there to people on this forum who might not be aware of the fact that I am very, very grateful to and for them.

Cave Story has been a huge part of my life for a while now, and as stupid as having a video game be one of the most important parts of your life may sound, it has, and always will be one.

Captain Fabulous-

You're the first person I met on this forum, and the only one at the time who was courteous enough to show me around and take me under your wing for a while, which I had never gotten from anyone else in my life. This place became the first sort of stepping stone in my life, out of my troubled past, and into a new light, and while other people had a part in it, I'd like to say that it's mostly because of you that I liked this place so much.

Noxid-

Even though you aren't first on the list of people I'd like to thank, you played as much of a part in it as CF. You are/were a much better Admin than all of the other ones before you, and you are and were a very considerate and helpful person all in all. I'd like to say thank you for years of hard work and thoughtfulness on your part. It's been an honor being a part of this forum, and it's because of you that I was able to feel that way. Excellent work keeping this forum going, and thank you for all of the changes for the better that you have brought to it, and to me.

SkyeWelse-

For creating this forum in the first place. You have been the cause for all this thanks. I haven't met you formally, but I know if I did, you would have my eternal gratitude. In all, you are the most important person in this post. I'd just like to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

I haven't been playing it much (I have had a very busy past year since I turned eighteen), but I will try to stay constantly active on these forums from here on out.

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Welcome back! :D

I wasn't around when you were here (although you did make your last post for a while 9 days before I joined :eek:), but I've seen some of your posts from the past. Nice to have you back, anyhow. :3

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:25 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I just recently joined a few months ago, and I don't know you or anything, but it's still nice for an old member to become active again :3

I hope you enjoy your permanent/temporary stay back on the forums

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:33 PM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Lets hope its permanent.

Mar 16, 2014 at 1:32 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
I'll try to make it permanent.

I wasn't that well known between everyone, but it's nice to meet you all, and I hope to contribute more this time around.

Mar 16, 2014 at 1:50 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well, you returning makes you well known among the newer members. :p

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:10 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Yeah like me and Pomfy I hope you do great things again.

Mar 16, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Been here way too long...
Hi, it's time for a reply from somebody who was actually around in 2011.

Joshworx, I appreciate the time and effort you put into rainberizing my name. I know it's not easy dealing with all that BBCode formatting, and you didn't have to, but good job doing that.

You were like, one of the only people I ever bothered to help with modding, because I had taken an interest in it around that time. You were also respectful, humble, well-spoken, and just not a huge dumb shit in general. Those are all qualities that I find lacking in most new members, so I helped out a promising new addition to the CAVE STORY TRIBUTE SITE FORUMS MODDING SQUAD in need. You didn't end up finishing your sans-cutscene mod; that's fine, nobody ever finishes a mod. It turns out, though, that you kept your passion for Cave Story even after you left, and I'm honoured to have been a part of this, well, this catalyst for a new stage of your life. If that's what you'd call it. It looks like I chose a good user to reach out to. I want to hear more details about how Cave Story has influenced you (on the big stage???), if that's alright, because all this forum has ever done for me is made me lazy, bitter, and several pies.

Y'know, 2011 was a good year. Back when I didn't hate everyone here, and Noxid was considerate and helpful. Those were good times. Was SkyeWelse still around then? I think he had pretty much pissed off by then, which contributes to it being such a good year.

Anyway, you can PM me your tits or your life story or whatever if you don't want everyone on the thread to know. Also come over to #curlybrace on irc.esper.net, because IRC is where all the cool people spend their entire day.

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:13 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I can still be considerate and helpful, I just eventually realized that my supplies were rapidly dwindling so that's on ration now. If you at any time require fair and respectful treatment, just redeem one government-issued NOXID stamp at any participating subforum.

Anyway, it's good to see people come back because that doesn't happen too often. I'm glad you have fond memories of this place. I too have fond memories, I just get to be reminded of them on a daily basis.

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:14 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Jeez, I wish I wasn't such a n00b.

I've been lurking for a while before I joined, but I've only seen a few posts from you. Still, you seem cool.

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Hello again, good to have you back man, even though I literally don't remember you. Like at all.

Mar 25, 2014 at 1:09 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
joshworx said:
Blee Blee
Hey what's this about SkyWelese didn't you know Noxid created the forums B)

Captain Fabulous said:
Blippidy Bloo
Where you at hoe, I haven't seen you in forever. We need to hug it out.

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Been here way too long...
I'm where I always am because I have nothing better to do, double ho.

Mar 31, 2014 at 8:52 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Captain Fabulous said:
I'm where I always am because I have nothing better to do, double ho.
I know you talked to me on Skype a few days ago when you had a free moment but I'm just leaving a public declaration of undying love here because that is the way I am