A curly Virus story(might change later)

May 8, 2011 at 11:31 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
in the mod Curly is infected by a computer virus and Quote has to go in her programming to delete it.
There he starts as a fresh robot with all the items he got in the real world don't work so he has to obtain them all again
if he would be destroyed there his robot body would remain a empty shell as all of his programs would be deleted.

well hope it is a good idea and dunno how big it'd be but and i'll admit it it is loosely based on a megaman series but i figured since both Curly and quote are robots it could work out

May 23, 2011 at 2:13 AM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Interesting proposition. What if you start full-powered and you have to collect parts in the real world to hack Curly's mind? Maybe Curly tries to attack you during this hunt. There's a lot of ways you could go with this.
I'm intrigued. :greydroll:
Although yes, I think you should change the title. Maybe Curly's Curse? Hacker Stor-
...Don't use that one.

May 23, 2011 at 7:12 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Sounds kinda similar to GIR's mod :pignon:

May 24, 2011 at 12:23 PM
LunarSoul said:
Interesting proposition. What if you start full-powered and you have to collect parts in the real world to hack Curly's mind? Maybe Curly tries to attack you during this hunt. There's a lot of ways you could go with this.
I'm intrigued. :pignon2:
Although yes, I think you should change the title. Maybe Curly's Curse? Hacker Stor-
...Don't use that one.
thanks for the feedback n the idea and yeah the name will change not in what yet though and the idea of full powered outside of Curly's mind is cool dunno if it is possible to have 2 seperate set's of stats though(if the engine has counters besides from the ammunition and HP counters. Then i could find a to do that(i may not be used to Cave story's scripting but have plenty experience in counter relations so that should be no problem with that)

WoodenRat said:
Sounds kinda similar to GIR's mod ;)
i See well i had the idea posted before i tried most mods(played 3 or 4 earlier) so chances are it was before that one might even not have played it yet.

May 24, 2011 at 12:44 PM
Professional Whatever
Sure! I can help you with coding if you need it.
As for the weapons, you can just use <AM-XXXX to take them away (where XXXX is the weapon ID)

May 24, 2011 at 1:38 PM
ok thanks well just started with a fresh copy and altering the start point. (for now W7 nuisance tool kicked in and i think the install i used for cave story set it to read only so will check that and then will see how i set up the area. I'm making it so that it is the entrance of Curly's programing.
thinking of making it 6 branches and will be 1: movement, 2: speech, 3: power management, 4: memory banks, 5: visual control and 6: data processing.
the order might change but the most critical will be the last and they will have parts that if destroyed will have undesirable and possibly deadly effects.

May 24, 2011 at 7:47 PM
Professional Whatever
Merder said:
1: movement, 2: speech, 3: power management, 4: memory banks, 5: visual control and 6: data processing.
Here's an idea. If you do have this order similar, you could make Curly try to destroy you, since her memory banks aren't restored yet. She could try and summon electrical beings to attack you from within her circuits. THAT would be interesting.
It would give you an excuse to actually have enemies in there. (Although I guess the virus part could be an excuse as well...)

May 24, 2011 at 9:01 PM
yeah will add enemies there(dunno by what maybe even both(Curly's attacks could be her natural anti-virus but unfortunately for her his virus managed to slip by it(just as in real life those bigger sometimes manage to slip by your security)))

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:56 PM
LSD
"..."
Are you using Cave Editor or Sue's Workshop? I find Cave Editor quite helpful and somewhat easier than Sue's Workshop. Just an Idea though.

Jun 27, 2011 at 9:31 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
This reminds me of that one level of Kingdom Hearts coded where you have to fix Data Riku's programming.

Jun 27, 2011 at 9:35 PM
Professional Whatever
It's been done many times before. Maybe you should add something fresh like a gimmick to make yours unique.