Banana Man 4577

Profile posts Postings About

• Even after playing this game for the 5th time, I still suck at cave story
    Serri
    Serri
    There is an easy mode, if that helps.
    IdioticBaka1824
    IdioticBaka1824
    If you suck at the game that probably means you're spending more time playing it, that sounds pretty awesome :D
    Banana Man 4577
    Banana Man 4577
    @Serri, Its one of those cases where easy mode is too easy for me. I dont find it annoying "I want to break my 3DS in half hard" but still I find myself dying to a lot of stupid deaths.
    I just noticed this, but what is the reaction score about? Is this a really old feature or something?
    Serri
    Serri
    Nah, it's a feature that got disabled while migrating from IPBoard to Xenforo back in 2017. Only staff members are able to use it.
    The forum has been a bit more quiet lately, I wonder, is it time yet? Have a lot of us moved on?
    Banana Man 4577
    Banana Man 4577
    I look back to the 2020 - 2022 years, and I see a lot of posts and members who havent posted since.
    Matrixzk
    Matrixzk
    That's sad to hear, I just came back after a long time
    Raichu
    Raichu
    This forum will never die... after all, we live in a world where Telnet BBSes still exist....
    Why the hell we got so many guests?
    Serri
    Serri
    I mean, the bots are probably either search worms or API or something of the like. And guests, probably people either looking stuff about the game these forums are about, or people looking for something else entirely.

And then you got people wanting the nostalgia but forgot their password, even though their accounts are so easy to recover.
    andwhyisit
    andwhyisit
    Bots = basically any bot that is honest about being a bot, such as search crawlers/indexers.
    Guests = non-logged-in users, or non-logged-in bots who pretend they aren't bots.
    Cibryll
    Cibryll
    … okay now I'm genuinely curious what cyborgs would be. Users? Bots? Both? ;-;"
    My sleep schedule has somehow gotten worse, I didn't even think that was even possible
    Hina
    Hina
    nobody can stop you from achieving new levels of sleep deprivation
    Been recently getting back into Forum Board Let's Play, The one I've been reading brought me back to the days when I would read creepypastas late at night. This is why I love Forum Boards, never would get this type of experience anywhere else.
    Mint
    Mint
    Regardless of wether it was a forum or not it's cool to read through written LPs, it's a neat way for someone to talk about the game they're passionate about and I enjoy it as a way of reading how people feel about the games they're playing.
    That's not to say I think streaming is an awful medium but if I feel like reading about the game it's a very relaxing option.
    Kinda like for example when someone did solo runs of Final Fantasy 5 with every job and they kinda got in detail on how every job fared for such a thing, was a really neat read.
    Banana Man 4577
    Banana Man 4577
    I always loved reading LPs, It was always a fun and centralized place where you could see discuss about a certain topic and where many people who are going into it blind also discuss theories with each other.
    Streaming to me is super boring to watch, unless you have a lot of charisma, they usually have so much fluff or downtime I eventually lose interest.
    That's what I love about them, Someone out there would make a giant thread about something because they felt bored or they were passionate. You can go into so much detail with forums and even explain the magic behind it.
    Mint
    Mint
    I mean usually i just have a stream (vod) for background noise and, occasionally at smaller channels, just sit around to chill and chat.

What makes LPs on forums or sites great is that they are in a good readable format, are always accessible because its easier to read stuff than watch it and are very easily archived- good luck finding someones opinions on a game when its buried under a discord channel or twitter wall (the latter doesn't even properly allow searching!!)
    Of course though, Discord has screensharing, which is a big boon if you just want to show something to friends, and I don't think thats particularily a bad thing.
    :toroko2: It is still so surprising to see so many members on a forum board, even after so many years.
    Serri
    Serri
    Haha, imagine having an option... :(
    Hina
    Hina
    are there none? i mean i wouldn't know, not that i feel like i belong anywhere anyway :p
    Banana Man 4577
    Banana Man 4577
    At least you guys are keeping up the forum board, I've seen so many dead forums it's finally good for a change to see members still active
  • Loading…
  • Loading…