AlmaHexie
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings Media Albums About

• One week ago, my one year plan mod has been released onto the forums and absolutely no comments(except Hayden, hi Hayden!) nor reviews.

That one shitpost mod: 11 comments in 3 days.

I kind of hate venting like this, but this is pretty silly now isn't it.
    X-Calibar
    X-Calibar
    After commenting I felt guilty not playing, so I played it lol! Actually recorded my playthrough, though maybe I should edit it down first since it's currently 1hr 30mins of gameplay footage, with no commentary. Or maybe I should just write a review? Anyway, thank you for complaining xD Brought it to my attention. (And spoiler: I had fun!)
    AlmaHexie
    AlmaHexie
    I'm glad you had fun! Well you can post about it in the thread, I would actually like to see the video of the gameplay, it interest me to see how different player react and action under the same situation and I wished that Curly's Weird Crusade could be played by everyone without meeting too many differences.
    Otherwise, you are free to put a review to outline something you liked or didn't like.
    X-Calibar
    X-Calibar
    Gameplay video posted!
    Articuno was the best legendary out of the trio of legendary birds.
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    I'm sorry but Moltres is better.
    Cibryll
    Cibryll
    … Question. Would this be the Kantonian or Galarian form?
    AlmaHexie
    AlmaHexie
    Kanto
    Also there's no argumentent than your just wrong
    Is it a better idea to release your mod once it is entirely done or more interesting to release a demo?
    Eli
    Eli
    it's always good to release a demo, even if it's just asking a friend to playtest it - that way you get a fresh experience and realtime feedback/bug reports
    AlmaHexie
    AlmaHexie
    If the amount of time needed to make the mod is much more than 6 months, then I think there's a lot of worth in releasing a demo before it's done, because waiting all that time with little to no community engagement can be exhausting.

It has been a year.

it's always good to release a demo, even if it's just asking a friend to playtest it - that way you get a fresh experience and realtime feedback/bug reports

Oh yeah, I haven't waited a whole year just to realise that what I made was kind of meh, in fact I realized what I made was cool because of play testing and feedback, as the project originally (and stayed most of) started as a side project I would do when bored or had this one random idea that I found cool.
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    I agree with Hayden and that scope plays a big factor. If you make a mod for the bi-monthly CSMC modfest, you have about a week (and some more depending on when the mods are streamed) to work on them, you typically don't want to release a demo of a mod that you spent a few days on, just release the thing when you're done with it after the modfest ends.

If you're working on like a simple challenge mod or a generally shorter project, I'd say it doesn't hurt to drop demos to gauge opinions, but I think you'd be better off finishing it and releasing post-mod updates fixing bugs and such.

For much longer and bigger projects I'd definitely recommend releasing it in parts and getting opinions and feedback on the experience. You get to see growth as both the player and the mod-producer.

But there's a strange caveat that kind plagues modding in the CS community: There's little to no incentivization. Nobody is being paid to work on a mod and the circumstances of CS' fading legacy means the community gets smaller and smaller each year; It's understandable why several members have left the community to work on bigger projects whether solo or with a team.

If you're making a mod long term or not, demo or full release, make it for the love of Cave Story. I think we're well past Cave Story's hype period and the community shows little signs of major growth unless a mod or CS makes it big with a streamer or Pixel/Nicalis drop CS2 out of nowhere.

I'm unsure, there's lots of factors that go into it all. Just do your best and release what you feel like when you feel like it, don't let burn out control you, take breaks, and make the mod because you love CS.
    I've been laughing to a stupid pun I wrote in a blog post for over 20 minutes now.
    MyGirlRobot
    MyGirlRobot
    Pun for the whole family

I guess we should call the Pun-itentiary and reserve a room for you
    The roller skates were the coolest thing they added in Pokémon.
    Nerdieo
    Nerdieo
    Gen 6 has the most fun features in out of any Pokemon game, I will gladly die on this hill
    Played Cave Story 3D in actual 3D recently, from all the shit I've heard on it, I was expecting a less then stellar 3D, in the end, it works pretty well, the 3D feels pretty good coming from beginning 3DS with no help from Nintendo at all.
    The 3D doesn't really fix the issue that you have a hard time seeing characters but it helps still, I just remember a part in the egg corridor where I couldn't see a critter due to how blue it was though.
    EnlightenedOne
    EnlightenedOne
    166e13d83546c02dff3964d6caf692f7.jpg
    ColdCallerLoopy
    ColdCallerLoopy
    I hate this
    AlmaHexie
    AlmaHexie
    Kong
    guys how do you build a shovel
    EnlightenedOne
    Serri
    Serri
    Alternatively, you can also build one of these :p
    w6tp2l.png
    AlmaHexie
    AlmaHexie
    thanks serri :D this will be useful, now i know the 175 variants of shovel there is.
    how do you build one tho:oops:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…