How to convert .pmd into .org?

Apr 29, 2017 at 1:58 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
It is not possible to directly convert .pmd files into .org files; if you want to take a song in .pmd format and put in in the Organya format, you will have to use OrgMaker to transcribe it from scratch. Sorry.

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:03 PM
Oh.
Ah, well, the .pmd format is quite rarely used, there's just Ikachan's soundtrack and some sample pieces with the PPPlayer, plus the file format is pretty drastically different. I'm not sure if it's even documented fully. I don't think a converter would be possible (although I don't know much about programming, and it sure might be), and even if it were, it probably wouldn't be worth the effort.

Apr 29, 2017 at 4:18 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
That might take a while to transcribe the note part that was being made from .pmd to .org :(:confused:
But Anyways thank you :rolleyes:, I'll think and find a way to do this or else, It's very impossible for me to do this which I don't know how to make a music! :(

Also, About the Piyo Piyo Player....

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:41 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I don't think a converter would be possible (although I don't know much about programming, and it sure might be), and even if it were, it probably wouldn't be worth the effort.
It probably wouldn't be too hard to figure out the file format, it's just that nobody's bothered to document it, as far as I'm aware. That certainly doesn't mean that it wouldn't be possible to write a converter if someone were to actually dedicate the time to it, though. It's just that the likelihood of that happening is low because few people use pmds.

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:09 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
pmd files are basically orgs with custom instruments and fewer drums

May 14, 2017 at 6:13 PM
Having multiple notes on the same track would indeed be a factor making it quite different from Orgmaker, but apart from that, it shares the basic piano roll layout, so conceptually it is a similar format. Having fewer tracks and no volume control are pretty much only superficial differences. That being said, however, in PiyoPiyo the instruments are customisable, to the point of controlling their volume modulation, so you can have each note of a track echo or taper off in any particular way. This is probably the most difficult thing to emulate in Orgmaker, you need multiple tracks for the same instrument because they sort of run into each other. I guess. So there might not be a trivial conversion algorithm as you have in image conversion, or org2mid.
Or maybe I'm overthinking or underthinking, and there actually is a very simple conversion method. Take whatever I say with a handful of salt, because I'm very often wrong. But yeah, pmds are quite rare, so not many people would think it worth the time and work to write a converter.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 5:09 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Why do you want to convert them to .org? I think converting to .ptcop would have better results.

May 15, 2017 at 6:25 AM
Precise volume control is absolutely necessary to make certain things sound the way they do.
Okay, yeah, you have a point there.