Cave Story+ Recordings De-syncing

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:35 AM
Part-Time Perfectionist
Pixel Cut-Content Discord Admin
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Okay, so all but my Wind Fortress recordings in CS+ have recently become horrifically unsynced.
It's true that I have been significantly editing CS+ recently, but it isn't something that should interfere with all the challenges.

So what can I do...?

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:17 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Okay, so all but my Wind Fortress recordings in CS+ have recently become horrifically unsynced.
It's true that I have been significantly editing CS+ recently, but it isn't something that should interfere with all the challenges.

So what can I do...?
You might have to define what these edits were and what you are using to record.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:41 PM
Deliverer of Sweets
Have you at least tried it with a clean copy?

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:53 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Steam or DRM-free? PC, Mac, or Linux?

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:25 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
IIRC the Cave Story+ recording/playback feature on Steam is a bit broken. I think it helps if you do every run fresh (i.e. without dying and then retrying).

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:44 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Oh for fucks sake... can someone give me the other bloody version then?
I don't think it's working on any PC build that's publicly released, actually (or Linux/Mac for that matter, if that's what you're going to ask next).

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:57 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I don't think the MAC and Linux version work at all to begin with.
You are correct, to my knowdlege NiCALiS still hasn't fucking edited the one line of code to find the data folder in OSX after about like 5 years now.

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:49 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
And what line would that be?
This is like the 5th time I've explained this here:

Basically in a OSX major update (I think Yosemite? or maybe earlier) they changed how relative filepaths work, and the entire game (both DRM and Steam) broke because it's looking for the data folder in the wrong location.

Instead of in the steam folder, it's just searching the Mac equivalent for the base C:/ drive that only admins have access to, and the way to fix it is to either move the folder to this location alongside system directories, or use a fan-patch in the steam discussions that corrects the broken pointer.

You can see why people are tired of NiCALiS's new announcements when these literally-the-game-won't-even-start problems exist.

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:50 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
You're acting as if this isn't the kind of reaction I show whenever NICALiS releases new shit as well. I say shit because inevitably there'll be something wrong with it.
I think that NICALiS' willing blindness hasn't been criticised enough, especially (publicly) by Pixel; and I think it's about time he revokes their licence to use the game.
I thought NICALiS bought Cave Story at this point.